Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 21 December 2014

Last of the Summer Wine actress joins Coronation Street

Juliette Kaplan, who plays Pearl in Last of the Summer Wine will join Coronation Street as Beth's grandma Agnes. 

This story came in via Digital Spy who report that the actress revealed on her blog that she will feature in at least eight Corrie episodes in early 2015.

She wrote: "THEN it got better when I was asked to audition for CORONATION STREET!!!!
I got the part –YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!! I got 4 episodes which then turned into 7 and last week I got another script so I’m doing 8 in total – so far.  So, on January 5th I make my debut in Corrie as AGNES, Beth’s grandma. All of you keep your fingers crossed that I get written in regularly. No, I’m not telling you the plot – I’d get hung drawn and quartered!  What surprised me was how friendly they all are and how welcome I was made to feel. If you watch it never mind the characters they play just know they’re a great bunch of really lovely people who work terribly hard all the time".

See also: Brookside's Doreen Corkhill to join Corrie as Beth's mum

Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

5 comments:

maggie muggins said...

Wonderful news! Loved her in Summer Wine! Hope they write her in long-term as we could do with a few more cool elders.

Humpty Dumpty said...

In Last of the Summer Wine, Pearl was, in Corrie-speak, 'feisty' as she had to keep tabs on her errant husband. No doubt, she's a guest at Beth and Kirk's wedding and I do hope the writers don't immediately get her to cross swords with everyone in the Street. (Rewind: I don't mind if she puts Yasmeen in her place.)Btw, are Kirk's mum and dad going to make an appearance?

lizzieizzard said...

Wonderful news what a bonus certainly going to brighten up the street - lets hope she will be a breath of fresh air not negative but ready to keep everyone on their toes - hoping she will befriend Emily Rita and others on the street - perhaps she can sweep the household of Number 6 into the 21st century

Frosty the Snowman said...

Yes lets hope she is a breath of fresh air and not in the usual mould of interfering old bag. I hope she doesnt expect to stay freemans with Beth at Chesneys either.

BarrieT said...

It would be great if they replaced the Nazirs with Beth's family.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!