Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 4 September 2010

New blogging boy in town

Hey-up!

I'm Scott, and I'm the newest member of the Coronation Street Blog team. I'm really excited at the opportunity to write about Britain's finest soap opera, and hopefully you'll enjoy what I have to say.

A few things about me:

I'm 33, and I live on the Wirral with my partner Dave. I've been watching Corrie since I was a kid, alongside my mum, and I've really grown up with the cobbles.  In fact, I'm only a couple of weeks older than the legendary Tracy Barlow!  I love the comedy of the show, and the dialogue - no other show on TV could get away with the absurdity of Roy and Hayley's wedding, never mind mixing it with Claire and Sophie's more serious storylines.

Favourite family: The Websters.  They really feel like a proper little unit to me, for all their flaws, and I was heartbroken when they broke up in the 90s.  I'm so glad they're back together again.

Favourite characters (current): Norris, Liz MacDonald, Mary, Graham, Roy & Hayley, Eileen.

Favourite characters (all time): Percy, Raquel, Violet (or The Lovely Violet as she is known in our house), Hilda Ogden.

Least favourite characters: Molly - totally ruined by her affair with Kevin; NuNick - bring back Warren Jackson, I say!; Michelle - apparently the most fragrant and wonderful humanoid around - I can't see it myself.

I'm looking forward to the tram crash, and the fallout from that in the long term, but more immediately I'm enjoying the Liz/Eileen/Owen triangle, Natasha's duplicity, and Sophie & Sian's star-crossed lovers act.

I'm hoping the next 50 years will be just as good as the first 50!

P.S. I also write a blog about Merseyrail, our local railway network here, but don't worry; you don't have to read it!

7 comments:

Glenda Young said...

Welcome, Scott!

Tvor said...

welcome!
I actually think Ben Price is doing a good job of Nick but Nick as a character is definitely unlikeable.

Deborah said...

Looking forward to reading your blogs.

Martin Rosen said...

Good luck Scott.

I would agree with you in particular about Norris, Hilda Ogden. I am trying to like Mary but just can't get into her character.

There are a few of us that feel that Snoop Dogg ought to have a role in Corrie !!

Chewy said...

Welcome Scott :)

Sea Penguin said...

Sounds great Scott!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to new points-of-view!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!