Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 20 December 2015

The 12 days of Christmas - Coronation Street style

On the 1st day of Christmas, my true love gave to me - a partridge in a pear tree.  Okay, so it's not a partridge exactly.  It's Theresa the turkey who ended up as roadkill when Les knocked her down and killed her on the cobbles in his car.

On the 2nd day of Christmas, my true love gave to me - two turtle doves.  You'll have spotted that they're not exactly turtle doves but they're the cobbles equivalent with two of Jack's pigeons. They were even immortalised in a racing pigeon game.

On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me - three French hens.  Now then, if you pronounce the word 'hens' as 'uns' then we've clearly got three French 'uns.  Yes, I might just get away with this one. It's Sally, Kev and Bill Webster in Paris. Corrie went on location to France to celebrate Kev and Sally's 20th wedding anniversary in 2006.

On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me - four calling birds.  


On the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me - five gold rings. 
Yes, Gail has had five different husbands. She's had six weddings as she wed Brian twice.



On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me - six geese a laying.  Well, I can't remember any geese on Corrie, can you?  Instead, here's Hilda ducks a flying. And as there's only three of them on her muriel, we'll have the picture twice.  Don't say we don't spoil you.


On the 7th day of Christmas my true love gave to me - seven swans a swimming.  Some are swimming, some are drowning.  Here's our top seven watery-based Corrie scenes. How many can you recall?

On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me - eight maids a milking.  It's 1973, it's Majorca. It's eight of the Street's best-loved women on holiday together. What more could you want?

On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave to me - nine ladies dancing.


On the 10th day of Christmas my true love gave to me - ten lords a leaping.  As there's not a lot of leaping going on in Weathefield these days, here's ten action shots of men running, fighting and smashing things up.


On the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me - eleven pipers piping.  Here they are, the smokers smoking, including our very own Fat Brenda (bottom right).


On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me - twelve drummers drumming.  Corrie's best-loved drummer was Vernon Tomlin who brought his musicianship and his paradiddle to the Street when he was courting Liz.  Other musicians who have appeared in the show include Status Quo, Noddy Holder and Cliff Richard.  And to make up the numbers, there's some musical pics of Corrie cast too.


Deirdre: A Life on Coronation Street - official ITV tribute to a soap icon. Available here.

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog

Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net



Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Best Christmas carol ever! Here's wishing all you lovely bloggers a very Merry Christmas from Canada.

Flo said...

Loved this, thank you for the awesome giggle!

Anonymous said...

Loved this - many thanks.

Emma Hynes said...

Brilliant!

Tvor said...

Ha! Excellent!

bbhilda said...

Totally inspired Flaming Nora, loved it!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!