Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 27 December 2010

Gary Windass tackles his demons


Ooh Mikey North's so good at that look isn't he! I know this will sound callous, but I think it's a bit of a shame that he spent the tram crash episodes cowering behind the sofa suffering from post-traumatic stress. I'd like to have seen him emerging from a burning building with a rescued "somebody" (me! me! twenty years ago - he'd need a block and tackle these days) over his shoulder.
I've always liked Mikey's performances as Gary Windass. I think he's an excellent young actor. So I'm really looking forward to seeing him getting plenty air time "losing it" over the coming weeks.
There's an interview with Mikey here, in which he talks about Gary facing his demons. There's also some more info. about him here.
All levity aside, post traumtic stress disorder is no joke, and you can find out more about it here.
Risking making this blog post look like a measles outbreak, my own blog is here.

2 comments:

Donogh McLaverty said...

What was the song playing in the background of the rovers tonight? sounded from the 60's

Anonymous said...

I love Gary! I hope the writers let him pull through this.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!