Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 10 December 2010

The best Corrie week of my life

Last night's live Coronation Street episode has left me reeling. 

Is Peter dead? Is Charlotte alive? Will Sally have Kevin's nuts strung up for Christmas decorations? 

So many highlights, so much to say, I don't know where to start. The acting was fantastic, the drama tight, the comedy light, the dialogue sparkling (thanks to Corrie writer Jan McVerry). 

Best of all, for this Corrie fan, is that the storyline every night so far has been surprising, shocking even. Now you know me, I'm a fan of a tabloid spoiler and I love to know what's going to happen ahead in my favourite soap. But without any spoilers, the story has been one surprise after another. And as we head to tonight's two episodes, I'm just hoping against hope that Rita will get out alive or I'll be in mourning for a month wearing a black armband and a big red wig.

11 comments:

lmesssi10 said...

poor rita survive tram crash thn get hit on the head by a falling double decker

Peggy said...

The entire week has just been brilliant. So good that it's left me feeling drained from the emotional rollercoaster we've all been on. I keep hoping against hope that Rita will be okay. She's my hands down favourite on the street.

Tvor said...

I agree, best week ever. Some of the papers say Peter's dead but i am maintaining my faith that he's going to be saved tonight. That being said, who would the fourth death be once Charlotte snuffs it unless it was the unknown driver that was passing by at the time that the EMT guys mentioned

Nurse Florence Ganderpoke said...

"Kevin's nuts for Christmas decorations" *snigger*

Sea Penguin said...

I agree, it's been a brilliant week. Couldn't believe it when Charlotte had a pulse! Really hope Peter pulls through. Relieved to see Rita's hand twitching. Still no idea who's going to survive. Great stuff.

Anonymous said...

Not convinced that Peter is dead. And still wondering about the identity of the man who died trapped in the car. Have updated my transcript from last night's live ep. Was he simply a random stranger passing by or a character we know?

http://ianwylie.posterous.com/coronation-street-live

Tvor said...

Oh Ian, well done on the screen capture. I wonder if it could be Jim? Nah, i'm guessing it's nobody we know but i bet it's the elusive fourth death because i'm still betting on Peter's survival.

Anonymous said...

I've checked and re-checked that conversation between the two fireman. It's not the clearest in the world and I may be wrong. But I believe my original transcript last night is correct - that the dead man in the car was a father-of-three County fan. May well be simply an unlucky stranger passing through and not a character we know.

But knowing Phil Collinson I'd be surprised if there wasn't a shock / twist somewhere along the line - whether it involves this man or not.

Tvor said...

But how would the firemen know that the man in the car was a County supporter? If he had any gear in the car it wasn't mentioned. Maybe that was a line flub on the actor's part

Beth said...

Does anyone know if The Road to Coronation Street is available on U-tube. I live overseas and have searched high and low. I would love to see it

Anonymous said...

Tvor - I took it that the fire crews etc would have talked to him when he was trapped in the car before he died, asked him questions about himself and his family to keep him awake etc as they attempted to rescue him. So they would have known about his kids and football team.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!