Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 15 December 2021

Sally Carman reveals her Christmas wishlist

What would you buy your character for Christmas?
I would buy her a return trip to Australia so she could see the twins.

What is your character’s Christmas wish this year?
Abi naively would like to be a real, solid, dependable mum to Jack.

How do you normally spend Christmas?
Always with family and friends, it’s all about family. And if there are a few waifs and strays
they are always invited.

What is your favourite Christmas memory?
This is a really difficult one because I have been one of those people who has been really
lucky and I have a million great Christmas memories. Every single one of my childhood
Christmases was utterly perfect, hysterically happy and totally believing in the magic of it so I
have’t got a favourite because they were all my favourite.

Do you have a Christmas tradition?
There is always milk, biscuits and a carrot left out… even to this day. I’ve always done it
since I was tiny. Christmas eve is always at home, listening to Christmas albums, eating nice
food and watching Christmas television or a Christmas film.

What’s your favourite Christmas present you’ve ever received?
This is a tough question but the first thing that pops into my mind is a Cabbage Patch Kid
that I got when I was ten years old. She was called Theresa Madelina, she had thick brown
plaits and I adored her, in her little green dress. The year later, I got another Cabbage Patch
Kid that I called Scotty Wallace and I was over the moon, I remember that very vividly.

Have you ever re-gifted a present?
I don’t know if this counts but I have given stuff to church, for example when they do charity
fundraisers.

What is your favourite part of Christmas dinner?
That’s a tough question but I am going to be really controversial and say the gravy. I love it
when it soaks the plate, I like my food swimming in gravy. I love the condiments like the
cranberry sauce, the horse radish, the mustard, the mint sauce. I love roast potatoes but for
me, gravy is the crowning glory of the meal.

What is your favourite Christmas movie?
It’s an impossible question to answer but I can narrow it down to White Christmas, Elf,
Miracle on 34th Street. Those are my top three and I can’t narrow it down any more than
that!

What is your favourite Christmas song?
This question is even harder but I absolutely love Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas,
it’s an absolute bobby-dazzler. I love Step Into Christmas by Elton John, I love Wizzard’s I
Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday and Slade’s Merry Christmas Everybody. The most
recent songs that I love are Jamie Cullen’s Christmas album which is fantastic and Sia’s
Everyday Is Christmas which I think is the best Christmas album that has been out in the last
fifteen years. It’s phenomenal.

Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook  







All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License


No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!