Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 4 April 2014

Fab Photo Friday - April 4th 2014

It's Friday again so it's time for this week's fab Coronation Street photo.  We've got a blast from the past this week as we travel back to 1977 and the Queen's Silver Jubilee. Here's the Coronation Street float for the Weatherfield Jubilee parade. I'm sure you can all work out which regulars are on the float but who are they dressed up as?



Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

6 comments:

Llifon said...

From what I can remember:

Ken Barlow - Edmund Hillary?
Bet Lynch - Britannia?
Ena Sharples - Queen Victoria?
Annie Walker - Queen Elizabeth I?
Eddie Yeats - caveman?

Can't remember who Albert Tatlock was, someone like Ralph Amundsen?

And Fred Gee and Ernie Bishop were either Walter Raleigh or Francis Drake?

I'll be looking forward to finding the answers :)

Sunny Jim said...

I don't know the answers for certain myself Llifon :-) though I could probably look it up. I think ken & Albert are Hillary & Tensing though no idea which is which.

Llifon said...

Ah yes, looked it up on Corriepedia. Ken was Hillary and Albert was Tenzing. The others I think are all correct. :)

Smiley said...

But Edumund Hillary is New Zealander?!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh. This is fantastic!

Doesn't Bet look an awful lot like Julie Carp in this photo?

Anonymous said...

Smiley, I think at the time Everest was conquered New Zealand was still part of the British Empire and therefore the achievement was claimed for the empire, absurd though it seems!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!