Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Coronation Street fan of the week - Alison from Crete

It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week. Would you like to be our Coronation Street fan of the week? Click here to find out more.
Who are you and where are you from?
My name is Alison Yates and I have lived on the Greek island of Crete for almost 7 years. I was born and raised in a Coronation Street style house in Bolton, Lancashire and lived there until my Shirley Valentine move to Greece.

How long have you been watching Corrie?
I am 52 this year and have watched Corrie from my cradle up until now.

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
At the moment my favourite female character is mad Mary. She is bonkers! I also love Julie for the same reason. In the past I’ve loved Elsie Tanner, Hilda Ogden, Bet Lynch, Suzie Birchall and Liz McDonald. I had a mother in law (now divorced from her mummy’s boy son) who was exactly like Ivy Tilsley, so I used to cringe when she appeared.

My favourite male character is Steve. I love him with Eileen, with Lloyd, with his mum and with any woman he gets involved with. It’s just his facial expressions and his reactions.

What have been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
Of course I’ve loved the classic storylines from the past including all the double acts, Elsie and Len, Rita and Mavis, Mavis and Derek, Stan and Hilda, Jack and Vera etc. but I suppose the love triangle of Ken, Deirdre and Mike is a stand out for me.

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
My fantasy Corrie storyline would be Sean and Marcus having a really camp wedding.

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
I once saw Andy Whyment, who plays Kirk Sutherland, performing Mustang Sally at the Bolton Albert Halls in a concert. I was lucky enough to take my small children to the Granada Studios Tours when it first opened and again just before it closed. My daughter aged just 4 at the first visit was picked out to be made up in the makeup department.

At the second visit I made a video in the Rovers, "acting" with the then barmaid Samantha Failsworth and Ken Barlow. It was a green screen thing if my memory serves me. I love your site and read the blogs each day. Keep up the good work.

PS: As a natural born northener I think Stella’s accent is great. I had my doubts at first but I think her accent is perfect.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At last, something nice about Stella! :) Like you, I read this blog everyday, so addicting! :D

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!