Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 27 February 2012

For your consideration, another murder suspect on Corrie

Over the weekend I was thinking about Frank's murder. A lot of the blog fans, and even I was of the opinion that Frank's mother Anne would be the killer. But there are two suspects foremost in my mind now.

I've not completely discounted Anne, because she's devious enough to put on a tragic front, manipulative enough to throw suspicion on anyone else but I think she may overhear Frank confessing to Sally and realizes he was as bad as everyone said he was. It would likely be accidental if this is the case.

The other suspect is Jenny, the new client and our regular commenter Frosty mentioned it as well. We know that she initially expressed sympathy for Carla after the rape but recently there seems to be some back-room manipulations with Frank which are coming out this week. She also may have discovered Frank threatening Sally and confronted him. It could have been self defence as well but as she's not a regular character, theoretically she'll be caught, arrested and then discovered to have killed Frank while fighting him off. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning this way. She's even more an "expendable crew member" than Anne.

Will Anne stay on after Frank's death? She will likely inherit his share of the factory but considering the contention between she and Carla, it's unlikely.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's definitely going to be Anne.

Although I hope it is doughnut from the double deckers - the son of Cilla MkII

Anonymous said...

I thought maybe it could be Jenny too, but I think because she's so expendable and we the viewers don't really know her then it would be too much of a let down to have her be the killer.

Still convinced it's Anne.

Looney Baloon said...

I dont think it would be Anne. A mother would never kill her own son, even if he were a rapist, its unconditional love. It has to be Jenny who has suddenly appeared with a speaking part. Shall we lay bets?

Humpty Dumpty said...

It will be an accidental murder whoever does it. A struggle, Franks falls, the assailant takes flight and he dies. I still say it could be a previous victim. Plenty of time yet to see someone lurking in the shadows watching his every move.

Tvor said...

Even if it is Jenny whom we barely know, it's better than an unknown previous assailant, I think. I reckong if it's Jenny, it will be self defence. She'll confront him and he'll get rough with her and that will be it.

Rosie said...

I think Jenny is too expendable - we don't know enough about her, in fact, I am still unsure about whether she has been in cahoots with Frank since the day he was found not guilty, or more recently, hoping for a bit of clarity there.
I think, although Anne is very likely, that Corrie could well go down the accidental/self-defence route with one of the regulars. In that case its most likely to be Carla, as i think with Peter it wouldn't be accidental, perhaps when Frank threatens to rape Carla again she flips, or fights back a la Jimmy Dockerson.

ChiaGwen said...

Although I felt it was Anne from the first hint that Frank was to be killed off, if Jenny is sociopathic enough to conspire with Frank to pull the wool over Carla's eyes about selling her part of the Faktry, then I'm sure she would have no qualms in bumping off sleazeball Frank. I still think it is Anne and I'm sure they will find a technical glitch in the contract Carla signed,it will be null and void and the Faktry will be hers again. Out of all this I hope Sally has a big fall from that high horse of hers and trampled underneath its feet - she has been despicable of late.

Dilly Daydream said...

I agree with Looney Balloon. Being a mother of two sons myself, there is absolutely nothing on this earth that they could do that would make me want to kill them, including rape and murder.

I would probably want to hand them over to the police for punishment, but never kill them.

Anonymous said...

throwing caution into the wind here and I'm going to say 'Simon'.
And it will be an accident - he hates Carla and would love to run straight back to Granddad and Grandma back on Coronation Street.

Kylie O'Reilly said...

At first I thought Anne and as the story has been revealed it could now be Jenny but to be honest I am beyond caring - as long as it's not Beth, the best new character in years xx

Anonymous said...

Jenny will be the culprit..probably takes him out with a pair of scissors to the back of the neck after she realizes that Frank used her to get Carla's factory. It can't be any of the usual suspects because I don't think I can sit through yet another court drama with two endings being filmed. Out with Frank...in with 'next' Corrie villian..Terry Duckworth. Yawn..zzzzz

Cobblestone said...

I still think Anne is most likely, but hoping she isn't. I love Gwen Taylor's performance. The woman is terrifying, and has a lot of potential long-term (given that, if she learns Frank was a rapist, she'll have to completely revise her attitude towards Carla - while still presumambly having a stormy relationship with her.) Even if the contract giving Frank the Faktry goes missing, then the status quo will prevail, which would mean Ann would inherit Frank's 49%. So hoping Jenny is this years Taxi Driver ;)

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!