Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 1 May 2011

Original Coronation Street map up for sale

From Coronation Street Blog reader Lorna who sends us this message: 
It was drawn around 1972-1973, I was given these dates due to the fact that the Howards left the Street in 1973, but the Bishops didn't move in to no3 until 1972.The picture was featured on both the inside and back cover of the 1985 book Coronation Street 25 Years and Corrie Through the Keyhole video which was released in 1999 (ITV).

"It is with great sadness that I am selling this rare drawn map of Coronation street which was given to my dad whilst working at the Granada studios and, after some wonderful help from some very knowledgeable and dedicated Coronation street fans I have managed to find out some details on the picture.
This picture used to hang on the office wall of ITV's H. Nugent and has originated from the ITV Coronation Streets base.
I am saying this picture is rare as no one seems to have seen another copy anywhere. Unfortunately I have not been able to track down the person who drew the picture (but would love to know if anyone does). The picture is still in its original frame and I have not opened it so cannot see if there is a signature on the back."
It's up for sale on ebay - click here

3 comments:

Steve said...

it's small so I can't really make it out but forgive me if I am wrong but there is no bridge next to the Rover's which has always confused me as it run on an alingnment with the back yards and the jitty. I just don't see what it is there for (apart from marking the end of the set)

Anonymous said...

The medical centre isn't there either, nor is the large brewery building behind the 'new' side of the street.

Anonymous said...

it was featured in the TV Times in 1976. No 11 is marked Howards as Elsie had returned. Lovely map.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!