From Coronation Street Blog reader Lorna who sends us this message: It was drawn around 1972-1973, I was given these dates due to the fact that the Howards left the Street in 1973, but the Bishops didn't move in to no3 until 1972.The picture was featured on both the inside and back cover of the 1985 book Coronation Street 25 Years and Corrie Through the Keyhole video which was released in 1999 (ITV). "It is with great sadness that I am selling this rare drawn map of Coronation street which was given to my dad whilst working at the Granada studios and, after some wonderful help from some very knowledgeable and dedicated Coronation street fans I have managed to find out some details on the picture. I am saying this picture is rare as no one seems to have seen another copy anywhere. Unfortunately I have not been able to track down the person who drew the picture (but would love to know if anyone does). The picture is still in its original frame and I have not opened it so cannot see if there is a signature on the back." |
Sunday, 1 May 2011
Original Coronation Street map up for sale
You might also like...
-
"Have I missed you? Yes I have, yes I have!" A very warm Wednesday welcome to this review of a wonderful Wednesday episode. Ju...
-
Wednesday 9th September 2026 JODIE STUMBLES ONTO A BOMBSHELL Shona’s emotional as David returns home. Over lunch, he assures Shona she's...
-
Monday 7th September 2026 KIT’S DEALT DEVASTATING NEWS In the flat, someone sneaks out of the bedroom, scuttles past Kit asleep on the sofa ...
-
Welcome to Monday's Kitisode. We see D.C. Green on the sofa, in his flat, in the hospital, in the Kabin, back in the hospital, in the pu...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 14 September to Friday 18 September 202...
-
Friday 4th September 2026 JODIE PLAYS WITH FIRE AND THINGS HEAT UP FOR KIT At No.8, Jodie adds to Shona’s stress by hiding her car keys, smi...
-
Written by Peter Whalley, and directed by Pip Short. Ken is a man with a mission: to stop Peter and Leanne's bar from coming to fruition...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 7 to Friday 11 September 2026 Kit recei...
-
Thursday 3rd September 2026 DEBBIE DUSTS OFF HER SCISSORING SKILLS As Ryan gets a manicure from Bethany, Debbie breezes in and it becomes cl...
-
Thursday 10th September 2026 JODIE HAS FUN WITH BETHANY’S SECRET When Jodie comes in for a manicure, Bethany’s unnerved. When Jodie reveals ...
