Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 9 May 2011

Coronation Street's cross-dresser reveals all

New face: Kenneth (R) made his debut in the soap in a scene in which Audrey (Sue Nicholls) confronts Marc (Andrew Hall)
 

In last week's Coronation Street, we saw Marc the tranvestite turn up in the bar where he bumped into Audrey.

And in that scene, ex-farmer Kenneth Prestidge was cast as Marc's transvestite friend.   Kenneth, who is also known as Justine, said: 'I'm thrilled to get a part in the show but it will be like home from home to me. When I'm working I'm a gruff, scruffy farmer in green wellies, but when I go out I get proper glammed up with my Christian Louboutins - I have 15 or 16 pairs."

Kenneth got the part after taking acting classes when food-and-mouth disease forced him to sell off his previous stock cows.  He told the Daily Mail: 'I've got 50 own-bred Dairy Shorthorns that I milk myself. I love living a double life - it's two sides to my character. But I'm keen to make Corrie a regular thing and became a well-known Corrie star.'
Kenneth was full of praise for the cast and crew of Corrie, and said: 'Corrie is just like a little family. They're lovely. I've never been on such a nice set. He said: "'Sue Nichols is a real lady, the most wonderful person I've ever met. She treated me like a son. She was wonderful. She treated me like a member of her family. What I love about the Corrie stars is that they're not big-headed at all.'

Check out Justine's website here and view the clip of Justine n Corrie below.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stupid, stupid, stupid storyline.

Anonymous said...

Kenneth Prestidge was a memorable X Factor auditionee several years back- remember? Bit worrying that Corrie bosses are going for wannabes like him rather than proper actors

JUSTIN[E] said...

I might like to add a comment as your talking about me.I trained and passed out as as an actor at the International School of Screen Acting in London when I was 48.
I went on X Factor for fun it did me no harm at all.
Unfortuneately I've battled colon cancer /chemo/pneumonia and loss of both my parents in the interim period.Ive recently rejoined equity as a full member and I'm entitled to take a park on any production. JUSTIN[E]

Glenda Young said...

Justine, I liked the story and that's why it's on the blog. Persoanally wish you all the best and hope you will be back on Corrie soon too!

Anonymous said...

Great story line. It's about time soaps tackled transgender issues, because there are an awful lot of us about. Not many people know that one man in ten is a cross dresser. I just hope ITV handles the story line sensitively and with their usual marvellous humour.
We transvestites have a burgeoning social life and lots of us gurls love the accepting and welcoming Manchester night life. A tranny living on the street as a main character would be fantastic. We have gay men and gay girls on Corry, so why not trannies ??
Chrissy xxx

Justin[e] said...

thnk you Nora for your comment

Anonymous said...

I agree....What a ridiculous storyline. Things are rapidly going down the pan Re Corrie!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!