Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 12 April 2010

William Roache reveals deafness problem

William Roache, who plays Coronation Street's Ken Barlow, has revealed that he's 50 per cent deaf in both ears and needs visual cues when filming his scenes.

He said: "People don't know I have got a hearing problem. Deafness is extremely isolating. I live in a cocooned world. I could be having a normal conversation and certain things I just won't hear. I can't hear watches or alarms, footsteps or the rustling of paper. The floor manager has to give me a visual cue, a hand signal, and it is just something that I have learned to live with. I have put up with it all these years."

1 comment:

Sea Penguin said...

I think I'm right in saying that Steph Beacham is also partially deaf. Maybe they helped each other out during that torrid (thankfully not!!) storyline?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!