Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 18 April 2010

Weekly Corrie awards, April 11 - 16

I married my mother award: Gold Star: Steve. Does anyone else think Becky's new hair looks a lot like Liz's current style?

I want to go back to jail award: Iron star: Stape of course. (Kidnapping wasn't bad enough, let's try identity theft.)

Shallow crisis du jour award: Tin star: Rosie flouncing because her fella wasn't a footballer after all.

High Noon award: Gold Star: Rita and Audrey glaring daggers at each other and sniping insults.

Irony of the week award: Bryan, Stapid's boss urging him to "just be himself."

Ordinary but sexy award: Gold Star: Jason! (Personally, I'd choose Trevor)

Desperation isn't pretty award: Gold Star: Natasha salivating and babbling after Nick
Silver Star: Graeme persuing Natasha and Rosie.

Well that didn't work out as planned: Beer Star: Graeme. Being spontaneous with both Rosie and Natasha at the same time! Oops. Just call him the Master.

Idiot award: Gold Star: Stapid...(for many things but in particular, your new boss comes to visit, drinks two bottles of wine with you and you let him drive home???)

Lines of the Week:
Michelle to Ryan: "Is this connected to the mood I see before me?"
Stape: "What harm would I be doing?" (Doh)
Deirdre: "It can't be easy for Fiz living with someone that's never satisfied." Ken: "I won't ask you how you know that."
Michelle: "Did you eat your mam out of house and home?" Graeme: "No, I set fire to it"

4 comments:

Sea Penguin said...

First thing I said when I saw Becky's new hi-maintenance 'do was, blimey she looks like Liz!! also struck me as odd re. the dangerously boozing boss - I assume he MUST have been driving, as he'd said on the phone "I'll be there in 20 minutes!" unless he staggered over to Streetcars and got a taxi of course.

Tvor said...

I know and John never said anything about sending him to Streetcars or calling a cab. Highly negligent.

Roy Rolls said...

Pretty negligent to have allowed him to have come to the house in the first place! Leaves all kind of loopholes open for Stape-wick to be found out, why didnt he just meet him in town?

Sea Penguin said...

How's about the plot thickening thusly ('scuse me, I've not had much sleep!) - annoyingly pushy boozing boss finds out about Stape-wick's real identity, and starts blackmailing him? eh? eh?! Stape then has to "do away with him" - adding to his already horrendous crime list?! well, things are dire enough already, why not just go the whole hog and have a murder?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!