Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Where have you seen Colin Fishwick before?

I spent the entire of last week looking at Colin Fishwick thinking 'Where on earth do I know you from?' I knew it was the moustache that was putting me off recognising him, but I hadn't heard his surname and couldn't google, since "Who played Colin in Coronation Street" brought up pages about Eileen's dad. Now however I can google - Fishwick, what a name - and am now kicking myself as not recognising him as the actor who played Billy Hopwood in Emmerdale. The actor is called David Crellin and he's been in Corrie before as Jimmy Clayton, the gangster husband of Ronnie Clayton. He's also been in Heartbeat, Waterloo Road and the drama Hillsborough.

Here's what he looked like as Billy:


I bet everyone else knew who he was straight away.... but maybe someone didn't, like me :)

9 comments:

Llifon said...

I knew! :D

Rebecca said...

Well done, you win! I knew but couldn't place him. I down watch Emmerdale much - usually the last few minutes when I'm waiting for Corrie!

Sea Penguin said...

Thanks Rebecca - that was bugging me as well. And Fishwick - yeuch!!!

Tvor said...

I didn't know but you're right! Jimmy Clayton!!

Glenda Young said...

Great post - and a good spot!

Rachel Stevenson said...

He was also in The Cops, along with Katy Cavanagh (Julie) and the alcoholic wife of Daddy Matt (Josh's bio-dad) whose name I can't recall.

Walzing Matilda said...

I think Colin is great, hope we see more of the moustachio'ed pillock and his bourgeise teaching mates.

Beannie said...

I think Colin is fantastic loved the line about the Joss stick he is quirky and fun just like Charlotte I hope they become a couple and stay

Anonymous said...

And now he's dead. Didn't see that coming.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!