Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 27 April 2010

It should have been me

Joanna Lumley recently said that she'd love to walk the cobbles of Coronation Street again. Her first appearence was as Elaine Perkins, one of Ken's many girlfriends. "Ken asked me to marry him and I said no," she recalls. "I thought, 'Why can't I say yes so I can be in it for longer!'"

She also says she was up for the role of Martha Fraser. "I was nearly going to be the woman on the barge who Ken had an affair with. I begged the producers to alter the filming dates because they clashed with mine but they said Stephanie Beacham had got it."
It's probably too soon for Ken to have another fling but it would be nice to see her back all the same. What do you think?

7 comments:

Tvor said...

It would have been a wonderful nod to history had it been Elaine Perkins on the barge, not just Joanna Lumley!

Llifon said...

Ye. They did it once with Marion Lund I think in that reunion. Would be interesting to see all of Ken's exes make an appearance. Maybe for Ken's funeral maybe? lol

Glenda Young said...

Tvor, that's a great idea. Not that I want Ken to die but all his girlfriends in one place - that would be wonderful!! The look on Deirdre's face!!

Sea Penguin said...

That would be one packed crem/church!

Anonymous said...

Anything to brighten up poor Ken's dreary life with Deidre. He needs some zip like a fling with someone as pretty as JL to take his mind off the drudgery of his boring life.

Clare said...

Oh i'd love Joanna in Corrie as i am too young to remember her in the first time round. I did love Stephanie as Martha though.

Unknown said...

I'd hate it. I can't stand Joanna Lumley. So glad Stephanie got Martha's role.Isn't Ken getting too old for flings now? Let Ken and Deidreget old together; they can still have their spats.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!