Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Review: Jonathan Harvey’s new book, The Secrets We Keep

Coronation Street scriptwriter, author, TV writer, award winning playwright and novelist Jonathan Harvey has a new novel out in the shops later this week.

It’s called The Secrets We Keep, and it’s his best book so far.

I’ve read Jonathan’s new book and I loved it. With every book he’s written his stories become more complex and involved, his characterisations more vivid and the storytelling more intense.  The Secrets We Keep is a book I couldn’t put down. I know people say that, but I really couldn’t, ask my husband.  He couldn’t get a word out of me while I had that book in my hands.

The Secrets We Keep is about a man who walked out of his house five years ago for a pint of milk, and never came back. The story is told from the point of view of his family members, his wife and his two children. The family find a left luggage ticket in the pocket of one of his old coats and suddenly they’re thinking… What if he’s not dead? What if he’s still out there somewhere?

There’s more, much more, to this book than that. It gets dark... but to reveal more would be to spoil it. All I can suggest, and I suggest it strongly, is that you buy this book, read it and enjoy it.

It is Jonathan Harvey’s best and strongest novel to date and I loved it. 10/10. 

Buy it from Amazon here
.

Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Tvor said...

Just finished it! Definitely his best one yet. I found the beginning of part two kind of stalled the story and it dragged it a bit until that got going as well and the daughter's pov annoyed the crap out of me though Harvey does have her character pretty much dead on (and shiz!) I really did enjoy it, though. 9/10 from me

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!