Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 13 August 2015

Rob Vs. Robert, who's the best one for Tracy Barlow?


The news that Rob Donovan is coming back to Coronation Street later this year got me thinking. Right now, Tracy is all loved up with the return of her ex-husband, Robert Preston. Yet, just a year ago she was preparing for her wedding to Rob Donovan. Rob was discovered to be a murderer and Tracy dobbed him in to the police. She did the right thing but her heart was broken.

This year, her mother died and her ex came back for the funeral, exclaiming that he's carried a torch for her all these years. That's a heady sort or flattery and Tracy was grieving and vulnerable and needing comfort. I see Robert Preston as a kind of rebound relationship. She certainly hasn't harboured secret feelings  all these years for him, after all.

I know that Rob probably won't be getting out of jail and will only be around long enough to stir up Tracy's emotions and cause some ructions between Rob and Tracy, most likely. But that aside, I still think Rob is a better match for Tracy, what do you think?

Read more about it on State of the Street.


Download our free App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook | Visit Corrie.net


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

8 comments:

Catman said...

Rob is hands down the best. They have cinema chemistry. Sorry, Robert is vacant and boring. Never mind the script. It doesn't matter, there's simply the potion missing.

Pippa Dee said...

Yes, I agree with you Tvor. In all these years, Tracy has never mentioned Robert so I don't believe she's even thought about him. I'm not sure I like Robert Preston, but I do know I don't like him with with Tracy.

Tracy & Rob Donovan, however, were a match made in heaven.

Humpty Dumpty said...

They're trying to redeem Tracy by putting her with a decent bloke as opposed to another partner-in-crime. Unfortunately, Robert is dead boring and there's absolutely no credibility or charisma there at all. Rob was definitely the better match for Tracy but that boat's sailed. I stick to my guns - time for Tracy to leave the Street, leaving Amy with Steve.

Humpty Dumpty said...

My last post disappeared into captchaland. They're trying to redeem Tracy by putting her with a decent bloke as opposed to another partner in crime. Unfortunately, Robert is dead boring and their relationship is neither credible or charismatic. Rob was a good match but that boat's sailed. I stick to my guns. Tracy should leave the Street, leaving Amy with Steve.

C in Canada said...

Rob and Tracey did have good chemistry, they were good partners in crime. Robert we don't know hardly at all, he's only been back 5 minutes, so it's hard to compare the two.
But I agree with Humpty that they're still trying to redeem Tracey by putting her with someone seemingly decent....until we find out all his skeletons.

Zagg said...

Rob by far was the best match for Tracey. Too bad they wrote him into a corner with a long prison sentence. But it would not be the first time someone came out of prison earlier then they should, as we know.
Robert is a snoozefest. When he first appeared, my hubby said...Oh Dr. Oz is on the Street now,eh? LOL

Anonymous said...

Rob D. all the way! Robert P. was/is just a rebound.

I did not like Rob D. much when he was on, but I have found myself missing him LOL.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely like Robert - I didn't think I would at first from looking at his pics, but now I'm a firm supporter of him - I really like how he interacts with Ken and the staff at the bistro - it's about time we had just a nice person on the street - by the way what has happened to Andy?? Haven't seen him in ages and he was a nice person, even though the started off not being honest about Michael's son - I would love to see Andy and Robert at the Bistro together - that would be awesome. Tracey is far too nasty for Robert, but maybe, just maybe she could redeem herself.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!