Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 20 April 2011

When Elisabeth Sladen was in Coronation Street

Picture courtesy of Coronation Street's 40th anniversary book which I've scanned specially for the Coronation Street Blog.
Sad news today that actress Elisabeth Sladen has died. Elisabeth starred in Doctor Who and The Sarah Jane Adventures and will be much missed by her fans. 

But did you know that she once appeared in Coronation Street too? 


In 1970 she played the part of Anita Reynolds, barmaid of the Flying Horse, in six episodes of Corrie.  Anita Reynolds accepted Len Fairclough's proposal of marriage in 1970. Len got cold feet when he discovered that he was the same age as Anita's father and had even gone to school with him!  Len suggested a long engagement, causing the eager Anita to end the relationship.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really sad news about Lis. She was a true star- I am a whovian as well as a corrie addict!

Nurse Florence Ganderpoke said...

Such a shame she's gone. I'm too young to have seen her in Corrie, but I remember watching her (from behind the sofa) in Doctor Who with Jon Pertwee.

Anonymous said...

She was a real role model. I am only 10 and I enjoyed watching The Sarah Jane Adventures. I wanted to be one of the gang when I grew up. A good idea would be to have a spin-off of The Sarah Jane Adventures. A little contrabution. She will be missed dearly and will never be forgotten. I am in tears writing this because i am her Number.1 fan.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth Sladen.....
Just those words make my and i'm sure many other childrens life magical. I am and always remain her number 1 fan. She is a legend!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!