Sophie’s still admiring her fading friendship henna tattoo. Rosie thinks her new boyfriend Kyle is so hilarious and tells Sophie that “they say” that a guy can laugh you into bed and she didn’t realize what that meant until now. She’s used to them laughing AFTERwards, that’s why. Rosie is dressed to the nines to go shopping preparing for he role as a future WAG living up to Victoria Beckham’s standards. Have we stopped calling her “posh spice” now? Kyle is coming over for Kevin’s tea later. Kyle arrives for tea, and Rosie gushes over how “gorgeous” he is and all. Kev just doesn’t see it.
Sian and Ryan are making out at home like nothing ever happened. Ah, young love. Sian gets bored quickly however and wants to call Sophie leaving Ryan asking “what about me?” What ABOUT you? Is the look on her face. Ryan convinces her to put the phone down and spend the day with him and his helmet hair. Sophie gets Sian to meet her without Ryan later and tells her how Ryan tried to kiss her the other day. Sian tells her it takes two to snog, but Sophie says she only gave him a hug. Sian drags Sophie over to Ryan’s to confront him. The girls rip Ryan a new one, but not a hair out of place. He even says that Sophie has always fancied him, and Sian kind of believes him. Sophie tells them they deserve each other and to have a nice life stomping out in tears.
Peter spent the night at Ciaran’s after Leanne bamboozled the whole proposal thing-y the night before. Peter’s cold and distant and suspicious when Leanne takes the day off work. Leanne starts her day of amends in the Rovers to apologize to Michelle and Ciaran. After her apologies, she then asks for their help. She asks Ciaran if he could get Peter in there tonight as she wants to surprise him. Ciaran tells her he’ll do what he can. After she leaves, Michelle says “piece of work” under her breath.
At the bookies, Peter tells Deirdre and Ken how foolish he feels about the proposal gone-awry and how he really felt Leanne was the one. Ciaran comes in and forces Peter out to the pub with him tonight ignoring his pleas for a night at home in a vat of self-pity.
Leanne is crossing the street when she bumps into an old mate, Cheryl. She’s obviously an old mate from Leanne’s prossie-days since she talks about how Leanne always talked about “getting out.” They agree to meet in the Rovers in about half an hour.
Ciaran practically has to use a shoe horn to get Peter into the pub for Leanne’s surprise. Leanne comes in behind him and tries to give him a kiss but Peter asks what she’s doing. She reminds him that she’s his girlfriend. Peter is just as confused as Steve is on a daily basis at this point. Leanne’s mate sees Simon in the pub and says her son is gorgeous, but Leanne corrects her that he’s not her son, sadly. Leanne gets down on one knee in front of everyone and proposes to Peter with a box that has a white gold band in it. She actually got him an engagement ring! That’s a fantastic idea that should be the new trend! Peter asks Simon what he thinks and he says he could do a lot worse. Of course, Peter says “I do.”
It’s the morning after and Jan knocks on Trev’s door, assuming he’s in there, telling him she’s made him a brew and is off to work. She opens the door to find his empty bed and looks defeated. Meanwhile, Trev is waking up in Carla’s gold damask sheets in her damask bedroom. They joke about how they both had beer goggles on, and snog in bed. While Trev gets ready for work he tells Carla that he feels a bit bad since he was to have chips with Janice last night. Carla moans that instead he had passion with her – most people would call that a result. Trev clearly isn’t most people!
Janice tells Fiz at work about how Trev never came home last night. She’s actually worried he’s lying dead in some gutter somewhere, although she’s not even phoned him. She phones him and Carla’s purse starts ringing. I guess Trev left his phone in there last night. Janice looks horrified as she realizes where the ringing’s coming from. Janice brings in Carla’s iced-finger. She immediately asks if the phone on her desk is Trev’s phone. Carla hands Janice the phone and asks if she could give it back to him. Janice can’t quite put two and two together and asks Carla why she’s got Trev’s phone. Carla tells her she’s a kleptomaniac and she should watch her purse. When Janice asks if Trev stayed with her last night she tells Janice her private life is just that – private. Janice is horrified at the thought of Trev and Carla.
Janice finds Trev in the Rovers later and asks what the gossip is. She gives Trev his phone back and says that Carla had it. He apologizes for last night, but Janice pretends that she forgot as well. Way to save face Janice!
At Roy’s Rolls, Roy witters on about something boring John to death. Although, he’d just have to look into a mirror to do that himself. Colin, an old colleague of Johns come into the cafe to rub the Rosie Webster scandal in his face. Colin tells John that he too is leaving teaching and has invited him to his leaving ‘do tonight. Sorry, “esta noche.” After a few “in the attic” digs Colin still wants John, and his wife, to attend. He tells them that he’s emigrating to Canada. Roy remarks it’s a “big place.” I have it on good authority that it is indeed. Fiz comes in later and John tells her about Colin and his invite and John begrudgingly decides to go on Fiz’s insistence.
Fiz is a fish out of water amongst these intellectual wannabe cultured type ex-friends of John’s. Is Colin wearing a skull and cross bones scarf? The guy looks like he just crawled out of an opium den time machine. I hope there’s plenty of free refills on Fiz’s wine.
- Kev asking if he’s supposed to have Jamie Oliver over every night to cook for them and Rosie replying no because she doesn’t want him spitting everywhere. He DOES spit a lot!
- John’s old colleague Colin rubbing John raw over the Rosie Webster scandal. I love watching John squirm like the worm he is.
- When Colin asks John to come to his leaving ‘do, John responds smugly that he’s not sure since he’s married now and they have a teenager living with them. To which Colin responds, “in the attic?” Bahahahahaha!
- Colin regarding Canada: “fresh air, maple syrup, Kim Catrall – Canada Rocks!” I second that notion!
- Ciaran refers to himself as “Prozac in human form”, and Deirdre corrects him that it’s more like “Viagra in human form.” Jokes, of course, after Ken rolls his eyes.
- Leanne asks her mate what she’s doing in half hour, and her mate reminds her that she doesn’t start work until midnight. Duh!
- Fiz’s dress for the teacher’s do is so cute! It’s nice to see her looking full of life again.
- Ciaran asks Deirdre where she’s been all his life. She asks him how old he is and when he responds “36” she says “in this pub mostly.” Bahaha.
- Even Rosie Webster’s old teachers calling her “Dozy Blabster” – WOW, she’s really made a reputation for herself.
- Dozy Blabster fawning all over her new boyfriend. He’s nothing special, and he probably is no footballer!
- She should be understandably upset, but Michelle should at least take Leanne’s apology. I find it ironic that Michelle is upset with Leanne for calling HER loose (eventhough she is) since Leanne was a prossie after all. She should take that judgement with a grain of salt.
- Ryan and Sian. Barf. I don’t care for this whole teen storyline at the moment either, but Sophie’s far less annoying than Ryan and Sian. She should get some new friends, and a new attitude to match.
- I’m sorry, but I still just can’t stand those easter-egg walls in Fiz’s place. I just can’t, it had to be said.
- John’s fruity-tooty, pie-in-the-sky intellectual friends. Poor Fiz!
Overall Episode Review: 7/10
Drama: 5/10, Humour: 10/10, Classic Corrie: 5/10, Wow Factor: 7/10