Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 20 May 2016

Jenny and Johnny 4evah


(reposted from State of the Street with permission)

It's increasingly clear that Jenny Bradley and Johnny Connor are headed for a romance. We can already tell they're both starting to fancy each other and Jenny is looking for ways to entice him without making it seem like she's chasing him. "Keep 'em mean, keep 'em keen" is how Kate described the type of women Johnny likes and it seems Jenny is going to take that under advisement.

I don't think she's being underhanded or manipulative as such. Don't we all try to do things that will encourage someone that we are attracted to in order to bring them closer to us? Some people are more obvious about it than others, of course. Peacocks shake their glamourous tailfeathers, many females of the species in the animal world reject or tease the male, and stags lock horns on a mountain top. People really aren't that different.

I like Johnny and I like Jenny. I think she's grown up and matured and the tragedy she went through, losing her child, doesn't seem to have made her angry and ready to lash out like perhaps the younger Jenny might have done. Jenny is getting her spark back and is starting to stand up to bullies like Sally and that's a good thing. Johnny has been around the block a few times, done dodgy things but seems to be a good man at heart. He reminds me a bit of Danny Baldwin, don't you think?

I am pretty sure there is romance in the offing and I hope it lasts longer than a minute or two, like some relationships. I hope they don't put stupid and frustrating obstacles in the way, but it's a soap so I'm probably hoping against hope. I'd like Jenny to have a baby, too, even if Johnny is a bit long in the tooth to take on the responsibilities of being a new dad. I guess I just want Jenny to have a happy ever after, after all the heartache she's been through.

Time will tell.

Tvor.. Twitter @tvordlj


NEW!
The Little Book of Carla Connor
A Decade in the Life of a Soap Queen

An unofficial Coronation Street companion book

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think Johnny is too old for Jenny; large age gaps don't work, look at Ken and Deirdre, the older they got the more the age gap showed.

Tvor said...

I think the age gap is probably less than 20 years and it's a gap to be sure, but Jenny's not a flighty youngster either.

Anonymous said...

I think JenJon ;) are well matched, and he doesn't look much older than her, in fact he's an attractive chap!

coconno196 said...

Richard Hawley is 61 and Sally Ann Matthews is 45, so the age gap isn't as big as I thought if the characters are the same age, and Corrie wikia has her born in 1971, though I thought she was mid-30s. I've been sympathetic to Jenny recently but her secret smirks this week made me wonder whether she really likes Johnny or is just looking for a sugar daddy. I still think he's a bit old for her, and did think he was being lined up for Liz. Remember how he told her, a virtual stranger, about being Carla's dad? I think they'd be a better match than Johnny and Jenny (the names sound like a pop duo!) but maybe they had to change that in view of Beverly Callard's sick leave?

abbyk said...

Jonny is my favorite Connor at the moment and I like Jenny as well. I like them together but think that they could be better as special friends, a la Roy and Carla, and agree that Liz would be a more interesting pair. If for nothing else, they have a mutual sore spot in the form of one Miss Tracy Barlow. She's raised hell for her son and his daughter. We know Liz is capable of weaving and carrying out a plot -- she pulled one over on Tony. With Johnny, it's part of his nature. Two street smart oldies might just be enough to rid our street of the evil queen, and have some fun in the process.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!