Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 29 May 2016

Corrie Weekly Awards May 22 - 26

Wedding gift win/fail: Cathy's Adam and Eve painting! Shocking. But she had the faces looking quite accurate!

Lump in the throat moment. Roy telling Carla he's proud of her and Hayley would be, too. Carla calls Johnny Dad for the first time as she leaves Weatherfield.

Musical ambiance "How will I know (if he really loves me)" while Carla is confessing to Nick.

David and Goliath award: David warned Robert that he would have flattened him. If he hadn't had his hands full.

Phrase of Doom: Audrey "I don't see how things could possibly get any worse for this family". (You're new here, right?)

Bricking it award: Sarah, Kylie and David after Callum's body resurfaced.

Contrived award: The only niggle I have is: Why did Tyrone take the breakdown truck to go buy Fiz a dress when he owns a perfectly servicable car? (Yes, I know why but it was a contrived set up)

Not a blushing bride: Carla was the glummest bride I've ever seen.

Lines of the week:
Tracy "That colour is not a good look" Amy "Well, twisted and bitter is not a good look either"
Tracy "Good luck today, Carla" Carla "Luck doesn't come into it" (you're going to wish it had)
Johnny "I think I know who did this" Michelle "No... she wouldn't!" (It's not the first wedding she screwed up, if you'll recall)
Tracy "Busy Tracy is much better than Bored Tracy"
Gail "My little Nicky. Getting married. Moving away." (then telling him he's her first born with a special place in her heart) David "All right mum, you'll ruin his mascara"
Cathy "I'd marry Roy in a heartbeat"
Tracy "I've only got one kidney!" Johnny "One kidney. No heart"
Sean "A really nice love poem, by, I don't know, Someone or Other" Jenny "Aw, he's dead good, him"
Gail about Carla "I never trusted her" (didn't take long to change her tune)
Nick "Whatever it is just say it. It can't be that bad, can it?" (yes, yes it can)
Gail "She ought to be over here explaining. Not sat there like Cruella deVille with a migraine"
Nick "Making a mistake isn't illegal" and "sorry to rain on your grenade but the only person you're showing up is yourself" (hurrah!)
David after Gail slapped Carla "Way to go, Tiger Mum"
Cathy "A wedding's just one day, but a marriage isn't always what you think it is"
Tracy "She tried to kill me!" Jenny "It's a shame she missed!"
Michelle "No one gets it but you. No one gets me but you" (but it's not about you)
Amy "Oh I'll get my violin, shall I?" (Ha!)
Robert "I made a mistake. But she stuck the knife in. And twisted it"
Roy "Perhaps I'm tired of the insanity"
Carla "I love you, Dad" (first time she's called him that!)

NEW!
The Little Book of Carla Connor
A Decade in the Life of a Soap Queen

An unofficial Coronation Street companion book

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

3 comments:

abbyk said...

Best Locking Up Your Troubles by a Conner: Johnny for locking evil Tracy in the closet. Eclipses Paul locking Leanne in a car trunk.

I get knocked down: Tracy! Whatta week for Tracy haters. Locked up, embarrassed at the wedding, losing Robert, no support from Ken, Amy walking out. The one player we haven't heard from is her only friend Beth. (Sadly, I hear Gloria Gaynor playing in the background)

Witty zing masters: Tied between David and Jenny. I hope these two edgy characters find a reason to interact (maybe Jenny could be Max and Lily's new babysitter)

Anonymous said...

How could you not mention the song 'traррed' with jenny dancing? (if only it could have ended the same way as tracey's sexy dance with Charlie! lol)

Anonymous said...

Hyporcrites award,To both Gail and Nick.I don't remember Gail slapping Kylie when she slept with her husband's brother and as for Nick,he blackmailed David into doing a DNA test on Lily while their mother hoped Nick was her father!
What was she thinking award?To Cathy for proposing to Roy when he's upset about Carla and disappointed that he said no.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!