Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Barbara Knox: Corrie keeps me young

Digital Spy has a few comments from Coronation Street legend Barbara Knox as she approaches a rather special birthday at the end of this month.

It is always lovely to hear from Barbara as she very rarely gives interviews. I love that she very obviously still enjoys the challenge of appearing in Corrie. I hope she realises what a real favourite she is for so many of us fans.

I wonder if ITV have anything special planned to mark Ms Knox's birthday later this month? Fingers crossed, as I'd love to see a special programme dedicated to both the character and the actress who plays her.

You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

9 comments:

peter parp said...

Is she 90?

Carry On Blogging! said...


Ha! Certainly not!!

Anonymous said...

That's an old picture!

Carry On Blogging! said...


I know! It's a nice one though :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely woman. In real life she's as charming as Rita, I've met her. I hope that they do something special for her too, but I believe she already turned the big one in Feb. on the show a little ahead of her Sept. 30 real bday.
Glad she's still doing good work on Corrie, she's one of the special ones for sure.

Helen said...

I think it's lovely that 'Rita's' still a very consistent presence on the street.
With 'Betty' gone, and 'Blanche' and 'Emily' seen infrequently, there are not many of the older generation left.

Llifon said...

Rita turned 80 in February 2012, while Barbara is 80 this month.

She looks fab for her age. :D

Defrost Indoors said...

With 'Betty' gone, and 'Blanche' and 'Emily' seen infrequently, there are not many of the older generation left.

Blanche died ages ago.

Helen said...

Sorry, of course she did,I wrote that incorrectly.
My apologies.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!