Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 8 December 2020

'It has rocked their world but they will always be OK’ Corrie Press Day Interview with Joe Duttine and Sally Dynevor


We continue our Corrie 60th anniversary blog interviews joining ITV journalist Nina Nannar to have a good chat with Joe Duttine (Tim Metcalfe) and Sally Dynevor (Sally Metcalfe) about Geoff, Sally and Tim’s relationship, and Coronation Street’s legacy.


NN = Nina Nannar, JD = Joe Duttine SD = Sally Dynevor 


NN - The Geoff coercive plotline has cast its net far and wide for Tim and Sally.


JD- ‘I think this has opened up another world for Tim, hasn’t it? Tim was quite happy just sitting in the taxi office and eating those pink wafer biscuits. Suddenly his Dad comes along and tells him this massive lie. A whole world of things that Tim now has to explore. It is nice to have this turning point.'


NN- Sally and Tim are that 'classic Corrie' couple on the street. How do you think this whole discovery will affect them? 


JD - 'They will bounce back. They will have another night in the conservatory overlooking the hot tub and crack open a nice bottle of something. They will get back on track. It has rocked their world, but they will always be ok, I think.'


NN - How have you found the coercive control storyline? 


JD- 'Quite horrible when you think of the reality, but it has been great. Tim has got involved with some characters he wouldn’t normally interact with and the variation as an actor.'



NN - Sally, you have been in Coronation Street for a long time now - how does it feel to be still involved after all these years? 


SD - 'I am so proud of Coronation Street, it is an incredible programme to be part of and I am pleased to have been part of this domestic abuse storyline. It is so important, and there is a responsibility to the storytelling. I watch all the montages of years gone by and it's amazing that we have had 60 years of fantastic stories. I have loved this coercive storyline, one of the best I have been in. Coronation Street does comedy and dark drama together so well - I think that is why it's been on for 60 years, they do it better than anyone else.'


NN - When you joined Corrie 30 odd years ago, did you plan to stay in as long as possible or was it just another acting job? 


SD - 'No, I left drama school, was in a few telly things, then I got offered Corrie but for only two episodes. I kept getting called back then John Temple (Corrie producer) stopped me in the canteen and asked if I would like a one-year contract. I was amazed, that does not usually happen to an actor. I have enjoyed this job so much. If I left I'd be lost and would miss it so much.'


                                                             ****

Keep your eyes peeled for a few more Corrie press day interviews. It was such an honour to join Micheal Le Vell, Sally Carman, Mark Frost, Mikey North, & Sue Devaney for a chat about the Coronation Street demolition plot!


I am @rybazoxo your cobble connoiseur







All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!