Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 31 December 2020

Sally Dynevor receives MBE


Sally Dynevor, who plays Sally Metcalfe in Coronation Street, has been awarded the MBE for services to drama in the New Year's Honours List.

Sally said: "I am humbled, grateful and very proud to have received this honour. I am still in shock. I didn't believe it was real when I first found out earlier this month that I was to be given an MBE. Keeping it a secret has been so difficult. 

"During the 60th anniversary of Coronation Street I was reminded daily of my time on the show - the young girl in those scenes 35 years ago could only have dreamed of the incredible things that were going to happen in the coming years.

"I am so blessed to have met and worked with some wonderful people, not only on Coronation Street but also through the incredible charity Prevent Breast Cancer, their founder, Lester Barr, and their amazing fundraising team. This honour is as much for them as it is for me.

"I also want to thank my beautiful family, Tim, Phoebe, Sam and Hattie, for their constant love and support."







All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Fluttershy said...

Congrats Sally, well deserved!

popcorn said...

Yes, much deserved.

Unknown said...

Fabulous, marvelous and spectacular. Congratulations to Sally D as our Sally Metcalf. xox

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!