Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 7 December 2020

‘Alya will continue to support Yasmeen - this is just the beginning’ Corrie Press Day Interview with Sair Khan


As part of Corrie’s 60th anniversary press day screening - I joined zoom to watch actors Ian Bartholomew (Geoff Metcalfe) Shelly King (Yasmeen Metcalfe) and Sair Khan (Alya Nazir) in conversation with ITV journalist Nina Nannar. 


Worthy of a three-part interview, here is part three and a chat with Sair Khan about the coercive control story, filming a stunt, and her 6th year on the cobbles. 


NN = Nina Nannar, SK = Sair Khan


NN - Alya has had some unpleasant scenes with Geoff. Have they been tough to play? 


SK- Yes, but it has been exciting! There is a scene coming up where Geoff and Ayla face-off. After a tumultuous two years in this story, it was great to do, and as an actor, this is what we live for.'



NN - Alya is a strong woman, isn’t she? 

 

SK - 'Yes! and I am very glad I had the opportunity to play this particular storyline - you get to see a different side of her. The bond she has with her grandmother and that love they have is fierce. I do not think I have had the chance to play that really, on this level. She will continue to support Yasmeen through this storyline; it's just the beginning'


NN - As a young actor and joining Coronation Street, how did that feel? 


SK - 'It blew my mind a little bit but I’m not the youngest anymore. There is a new generation coming through, that was something I had to get my head around. I have been here six and a half years now. I am excited and looking forward to more mature storylines coming up, hopefully.'



NN - There is a stunt involved in the anniversary week, that must have been incredible to do? 


SK - 'I fancied myself as the next action woman and was gutted when we had to have stunt people come in. I would have been hanging off that roof all week if they had let me. It was brilliant to do. It is not often that you get to do this kind of things with the show. It was so much fun!'


                                                                              ****

Keep your eyes peeled for a few more Corrie press day interviews still to come. It was such an honour to join Joe Duttine, Sally Dynevor, Michael Le Vell, Sally Carman, Mark Frost, Mikey North, & Sue Devaney for a chat about the Coronation Street demolition plot!


I am @rybazoxo your cobble connoiseur







All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

John L Murcutt said...

I can't believe that the Judge did not suggest that the Police should involve themselves in looking into Mr G Metcalf, particularly as he has access to vulnerable people and such easy access to the hospital. The evidence is video footage and his access card use must have been logged.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!