Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 9 December 2020

From Coronation Street to cosy crime



As if today wasn't exciting enough, what with it being Coronation Street's 60th birthday, but I've also got some exciting news of my own to share. 

My love of Coronation Street has changed my life in many ways and I wrote about that here. 

And now it's lead to a three book deal with major publisher Headline to write cosy crime stories. They'll be set in a Scarborough B&B and the first one, Murder at the Seaview Hotel, is out in August 2021. All I can say at this stage is that the books are a lot of fun, with some wonderful characters too. 

The full press release is below in case anyone would like to read it. I was already planning on raising a glass or two in front of the telly tonight as Corrie's 60th anniversary episode aired. I might just have to have another glass or two now!

Writing is my life now, more than ever, and I have Coronation Street to thank.


__

Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  






All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Kosmo said...

The North East's answer to Alexander McCall Smith.

Good luck Glenda!

Sharon boothroyd said...

Well done Glenda! What amazing news!

Lily Bigfield said...

I know and love Scarborough so will definitely be reading these! Great news Glenda!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!