Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 18 October 2010

Street Style: Julie Carp is Corrie’s Sweetheart!

JulieCarp
I want to start out by saying that I have always admired Julie Carp’s mod girl style.  I have wanted to do a Street Style edition on her for ages.  The only problem is that most of the lovely vintage pieces that Julie wears are REALLY hard to find!  Even something similar.  Well, I couldn’t find that lovely blue cupcake number that she wore a couple epi’s ago, but I was in luck and I did find Julie Carp’s highly coveting pink and white polka-heart dress!

Isn't it completely fabulous?  I know a lot of us out there must just love this but could never see themselves having the guts to pull it off.  But, just look how fantastic it looks on Julie!
I do not know if Julie’s dress came from this shop, but I found this dead-ringer at Vivien of Holloway online.  I think Julie’s poor old spinster sister Eileen needs to get to Vivien’s ASAP, don’t you?  Get the dress HERE.* Check out all the other lovely pieces that Vivien of Holloway has to offer!

Is there anything that you’ve ever seen on The Street that you’d like to have, but don’t know where you can find something similar? Are you interested in any particular character’s personal or decorating style? For any Street Style requests, send me a line!  I’ll try my best, sorry if I do not respond to every request.  If so, I couldn’t find anything similar!
* Coronation Street Blog is a fan blog, written by fans for fans. Items featured on Street Style are not the official items used in Coronation Street production. Coronation Street Blog Street Style is not affiliated with the official Coronation Street costume department. The items featured are only similar to those seen on Coronation Street.

6 comments:

Scott Willison said...

Julie's dress was beautiful - I loved the Fifties skirt. I was also pleased when Betty said how she always looked pretty, because it's true.

Tvor said...

I love Julie's style. I always think how can she afford it but i suppose she would be the type that frequents vintage shops and markets.

Glenda Young said...

This is fabulous, i love these fashion posts!!

Anonymous said...

Omg saw Julies cupcake dress where can I get one.

Anonymous said...

Loved Julie's necklace in last night (Thursday 27/11/14) where can you buy it please? X

Anonymous said...

Where did they get that love heart pink swing dress it was fab I want one

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!