Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 13 August 2009

Steve and Becky's wedding cake

This is the lady who's baked the cake we'll see on screen on Friday night when Steve and Becky get wed. On Coronation Street, it's Eddie Windass who bakes their wedding cake but in real-life the cake's been made by Suzanne Thorp at The Frostery. Pictures of the cake she has made for this episode of Corrie will be on The Frostery website after the episode has aired.

She says: "My family have been baking cakes for Coronation Street for years so when my mum and dad sold the shop to retire, the producers started coming to me." Suzanne remains tight-lipped about her latest Corrie cake. "I can’t give too much away, I’m sworn to secrecy," she said. "All I’ll say is it’s probably not my finest work, but it’s very Steve and Becky!"

Suzanne has now done dozens of cakes for Street weddings including Vernon and Liz, Molly and Tyrone and Carla and Tony. She said: "Sometimes the producers know exactly what the cake should look like and sometimes they will just give me a colour scheme. They were very specific with Molly and Tyrone’s wedding as I had to create a mini Molly and Tyrone for the top of the cake. I put a lot of work into the cakes and look forward to seeing them on screen – sometimes they only appear for a brief second – but I always keep my eye out."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't realize they had a "designated baker." Interesting fact!

Bridal shower cakes said...

Great job. With years of experience she makes personalized wedding cake.
Thanks for sharing.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!