Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 27 June 2018

Coronation Street Fan of the Week: Emma-Leigh from Wales


It's time to meet another Coronation Street fan of the week.
Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Find out more here! 


Who are you and where are you from?

My name is Emma-Leigh Hull, a 22 year-old PR Executive and I am from Cardiff in Wales.

How long have you been watching Corrie?

I used to watch it with my parents at the age of two and loved the theme tune. I am now 22 and would not miss an episode, so 20 years I guess. The first thing that I do when coming back from a holiday, despite being jet-lagged if I have gone long-haul, is catch-up with about 10 episodes of Corrie. Best feeling ever.

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?

I really like Bethany Platt, although I do love Lucy Fallon on Instagram so perhaps that is why. I love Liz and love her especially more with Moira - think they're both so comical. As for male characters, I love David Platt obviously, I think he is so funny and I love the way that he speaks to Gail most of the time. I used to love Charlie too - I loved him and Tracy together, both so evil.

What have been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?

One that really sticks in my mind is when Rosie and Craig were Goths and they were about to sleep together in David's house before Sally knocked the door. Scandal! Of course, the car in the canal scene is memorable too and will always stick in my mind, as well as Tyrone finding out that Jack was Kevin's little boy and not his. There are so many. I fell so nostalgic! 

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?

This is a hard one. I would really love it if Gary and Sarah would break up, as their relationship doesn't seem messed up. It would be even more scandalous if they broke up and he started sleeping with Bethany in a year or so. She trusts him and shes 18 now, so I guess it wouldn't be all bad?

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?

Last year, I saw the lady that played Angela Griffin on the train to Manchester and honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack. She hadn't been in the show for about a million years but I remember what she looks like and it was definitely her! 

I went to the Corrie tour two years ago when it was first opened and I am actually revisiting the set on Saturday. CAN'T WAIT! 

Every year, I always get something Coronation Street orientated for my birthday/Christmas too. Last year, I had the Corrie colouring book, but I've previously received pyjamas, DVD games and socks. It is an ongoing joke in my family that I get mixed up between Corrie and real life - if someone says something that has happened in real life then I often respond with 'so this one time in Corrie...' 

You can read Emma-Leigh's blog here.

Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Find out more here! 


Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 
 






Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NIce post :) Here is another situation where you get real life and Corrie mixed up. You were thinking Angela Griffin who played Fiona Middelton, not the other way round :)

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!