Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 25 May 2010

Audrey's leaving? Say it isn't so!

April-29-1010-Audrey-LewisThe Mirror is telling us that Audrey is going to run off to Greece with Lewis, leaving Weatherfield far behind. They liken it to a plot in my favourite movie, Shirley Valentine, where Shirley goes to Greece on holiday and decides to stay. It seems while on holiday, Audrey and Lewis decide to buy a hotel. That leaves Audrey to sell up the salon out from under Natasha and David but you know what? I think this is going to turn out to reveal Lewis as a scam artist, after Audrey's money. Once he gets his hands on the money from the salon, she could be left high and dry.

Though the Mirror thinks that Audrey would want to leave Gail facing a life in prison, I don't think she would do it. My speculation is that this all happens after Gail is exonerated, because that, at least, it would be feasible for Audrey to think about leaving town. What say you, readers?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mayor has angina. Audrey should run for mayor. Win, then abdicate to GreecGreece.e.

Natalie said...

If she sells the salon I would say it's cheerio to Audrey, because if she did come back after being scammed out of her money, there wouldn't really be much of a place for her in the street. Especially if Gail's in prison. So hope this story from the Mirror isn't true!

John said...

I think this is probably another case of one of the older cast members wanting a reduced role, without necessarily wanting to leave the show. I hope so anyway, as it'd be a shame to lose Audrey.

Sea Penguin said...

If Audrey has to go, then going off into the sunset with Lewis would be a good send off for her. I really hope he's not a scam artist - if she's NOT leaving, it would be dreadful if she lost the salon. (am I over-identifying or what?!) Anyway - I hope she's NOT leaving - Audrey is one of my all-time favourites.

gadgee said...

I'd be surprised if Lewis doesn't turn out to be a scoundrel.

Audrey would be a miss.

Anonymous said...

As always Nigel Havers plays his role beautiful, and he's got under Audrey's skin.Does she realy love him?
Time will tell!
Johanna

Anonymous said...

I can say good bye to Audrey. Bring on a new proprietor for a hir salon.... or hair salon and spa! Perhaps someone wth a bit of money can turn this boring salon into a day spa and have a character park himself for one eppy and go on about matters more philosophical...

Anonymous said...

I hope its true. she really serves no purpose and annoys me

Roys Roll said...

I suspect this is another one of those red herrings with no substance like Betty was retiring! I like Audrey and the way she is acting with Lewis, like a lovestruck teenager it is feasible she would sell the salon and go off to Greece with him only to return with her tail between her legs.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!