Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 10 October 2020

Dame Maureen Lipman CBE


Maureen Lipman, who plays Evelyn Plummer in Coronation Street, has been made a Dame in the Queen's Birthday  Honours.

Maureen was honoured for her long career on stage, TV and film.

She said: “I’m a little bit relieved that I can talk about this now — you have to sit on the information for so long, and extreme discretion is not my forte. Pretty much a world record for me to keep quiet for nine weeks.

“When I think about my grandfather, who I never knew, getting on a boat from Kovne and coming here, landing in Hull and thinking it was New York… I think about Hull, which gave me a full grant for going to drama school. To become a dame in one generation says a lot about immigrants and about how kind treatment can give back to society. It makes me feel very small in this world, that such a thing can happen so quickly”.





All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!