Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 27 October 2020

Corrie's Summer is recast


The winter winds may be whistling down the cobbles but Summer Spellman is about to breeze back into Weatherfield to be reunited with Todd.

Summer returns from her Grandma’s next month and will now be played by new actress Harriet Bibby.

Harriet was cast in the role after Matilda Freeman decided to leave Coronation Street earlier this year to explore new opportunities.


Matilda said: “I’d like to say thank you to my second family, the cast, crew and viewers who have supported me during my time on the cobbles. After three and a half lovely years I felt it was time for a change and I’m excited to be starting that next chapter with a new role.”

With tensions already running high between Billy and Paul over Todd’s return, Summer’s arrival is bound to complicate matters as she struggles to forgive Todd for abandoning her and Billy three years ago.




Lincolnshire born actress Harriet trained at Alra North and has had roles in Doctors and Brassic. She has lived in Wigan for the past four years and recently moved to Manchester. 

She said: “I am so thrilled to be joining the cast of Coronation Street. My family have watched the show for years and I already feel part of the family. Matilda has wished me good luck, which was lovely! I’m looking forward to bringing Summer’s sass and sparkle to the screen.”






All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was Matilda's choice to leave. The new actress has a good resemblance. I'm just hoping they'll keep Summer's lovely calm nature.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!