Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Why I'm glad Brian Packham is back

Corrie has been lacking in comedy lately, and even though I have enjoyed the slightly darker storylines, such as Becky's rampage and John Stape's downfall, my favourite part of Coronation Street has always been the comedy. That's why I was thrilled to see Brian Packham back on the cobbles on Friday.

His interactions with Julie have been really amusing, and I think he has the makings of another classic comedy character, just as Mary Taylor and Graeme Proctor have become.
On a personal note, my dad actually met Peter Gunn, who plays Brian Packham on a train last month, and he said he was just as lovely in real life.

What does everyone else think of Brian's return?

8 comments:

Tvor said...

Oh yes, very pleased he's back in it. I think he and Julie have the potential for great comic relief

Nathan Johnson said...

I wish he would come back full-time, I love the character.

Anonymous said...

Finally something to smile about!!

IamSimon said...

Yeah he is awesome, however I haven't seen any mention of him in the spoilers for the next few weeks! :(
I was gutted when him and Julie fell out last time because I thought they would have been a great couple!

Cobblestone said...

Julie and Brian strike me as potentially the new Derek & Mavis.

Tvor said...

lol Cobblestone, you could be on to something there!

Humpty Dumpty said...

Brian and Julie would make a great team in musical comedy, especially with Julie's retro dresses. A passionate embrace, a bite of a barmcake and a rousing chorus of 'Me and My Girl.' Let's hope they get a major story.

JennyMac said...

Yes good news. The street is certainly in need of some comedy Julie and Dev...NO JUlie and Brian..YES.
Now if they could remove the awful Andrea it would be a lot better.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!