Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 1 November 2010

Barbara Knox to be on Paul O'Grady show


I was excited to see in my What's On TV mag that the fabulous Rita (Barbara Knox) is to appear on the Paul O'Grady show just after Corrie on ITV1 at 9pm this Friday, 5th November. See the listings in the online version here.

Apparently, "Coronation Street star Barbara Knox will talk about her time on the soap as it celebrates its 50th birthday".

I don't think I've ever seen an interview with "Rita", so I can't wait. I'm sure Paul O'Grady will be thrilled as well, as I believe he is a big Corrie fan. Rita is one of my all-time favourites, a true Corrie star and a proper queen of the cobbles as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not missing this one.

13 comments:

casey said...

I think it's her first interview in 20 years. I wont be missing this.

Llifon said...

Already put it on sky+. Rita's my fav character and Paul's a huge fan so I'm not missing this! It'll be a golden interview

Dilly Daydream said...

She's quite posh in real life.

Glenda Young said...

Now then, this worries me a lot. She hasn't done an interview in 20 years and she's doing one now? I truly hope it's not her last hurrah before she (gulp) gets killed off in the tram crash?

Sea Penguin said...

Oh no! hadn't thought of that. Surely they couldn't do that to Rita? what a horrible way to go out. One minute she's selling sherbet lemons - the next, oo-flaming-er...

Deborah said...

I've been thinking the same thing Flaming Nora.

The Garden Pixie said...

I will definitely be watching this, although I think "Rita" is a bit of a luvvie in real life.

Jack said...

I've been thinking the same thing Flaming Nora, i recon she will go :( don't know if i'll watch corrie again if she does

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have seen her or Eileen Derbyshire interviewed on TV ever in 40 years. I can't eait to see this. Well if you have seen the recent photos of the tram being set up then you will know that the carriage is sticking out of Ritas flat...so unless she sleeps through it like when the factory blew up recently then it's a possibility that she will be leaving...

Tvor said...

Yes, the tram is crashing into her home after all! it's taking out the one the Jason and Tina fixed up and likely doing a lot of damage to Rita's.

Anonymous said...

Daft, in't it, chuck?

casey said...

I'm hoping they wont kill her off ,as Rita and Norris are a good act. It could be possible that she is in the Rovers at the time of the crash.

Cobblestone said...

Exactly, Casey. I've been saying for some time the time of the accident is crucial. Mid-evening & Rita's likely to be in the Rovers. Could it be this interview is a cunning & subtle ploy to provoke exactly this sort of speculation to throw us off the real scent? Bluff, double-bluff or triple-bluff. Who knows? That's what makes it fun.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!