Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 26 August 2021

Coronation Street Episode Review;Wednesday 25th of August 7.30 & 8.30 pm


Earlier this year, I was lucky enough to attend the 'hate crime' Corrie ITV press day on behalf of this blog. I knew then that this story would be brilliantly hard-hitting, with oodles of drama attached. What I didn't vouch for though was how far-reaching this murder would be on the huge ensemble cast. I love how this has brought a huge swath of the cast together for this pre-trial build up. The story cast a shadow over both episodes tonight, and I really enjoyed it. Imran seems caught right in the centre of it all and the pressure is mounting! How much will this trial cost him?


Abi is another one struggling to hold things together too. Tommy O being called up as a character witness is an interesting turn of events. Any chance we could have him as a new cast member? I mean, the lads certainly earned his apprenticeship and I reckon he could be a popular addition on the cobbles? That’s based on Corey being convicted of course, and what if the junior footballer didn’t do it? 



The online identity leak of Corey’s name could compromise the whole thing before it starts. Laura’s release from jail also means Kelly can’t have her Mother anywhere near the trial. I’m guessing that’s where Toyah will come more to the fore, maybe even facing Sabeen in the dock? Sorry, I am theorising here and thinking ahead to next week’s trial! It's just how my Corrie brain works. 



Kev and Debbie’s court case chat was a good scene, wasn’t it? My favourite scene of the two episodes tonight. Maybe it was a ‘blink and you’ll miss it’ kind of thing but it stood out for me. 


Toyah’s defence of Kelly and Imran is admirable and I’m hoping our Toyah (a personal fave of mine) doesn’t get caught in the crossfire of this courtroom set-up!! I wasn’t expecting Jack Webster to become involved either, but being Abi’s surrogate stepson, it worked didn’t it and another sub-plot strand to add to the mix. With James’ unconscious bias case set to be reopened by the Independent Office of Police Complaints, I thought the cops would be out to arrest young Jack as well (classic Weatherfield police tactic) but he seemingly got let off. 



Sally’s parking campaign, although a strange one considering the street’s previous lack of cars, is proving enjoyable too. Any storyline that has Sally with a clipboard, power suit, and social campaigning, has Classic Corrie written all over it. Suitably galvanised by Liam’s predicament, I think Maria could make a good ally for the street’s ex-mayor? I don’t think those two have had much interaction in the past? Sally was also the one who fed Jack the Tommy O witness story, which caused a rare clash with her longtime BFF, Abi. I didn’t see that coming.  


My only gripe overall would be that the ‘hate crime’ isn’t being taken into the courtroom, but, (and almost certainly mirroring real life), a murder takes precedence.


With the pressure on, Imran faces Kelly’s court case, his ex-wife, and the threat of losing Toyah! I for one cannot wait for next week’s court drama. 


My Corrie brain is now in overdrive! 



Elsewhere in tonight’s episodes; Jenny and Ronnie’s budding romance is withered by Daisy’s machinations. Meanwhile, Michael faces a few home truths and ends his loveless relationship with Grace, which causes more trouble for Agi & Ed. 


@rybazoxo 







All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few random comments,
To me Toyah didn’t seem to defend Imran much and Kelly not at all.
Does no one in Corrie know what tissues are for? Getting fed up of crying people wiping their snivelling noses with their hands or sleeves.
Does the actor who plays Michael have a stutter in real life? Every time he says ‘I’ it comes out as ‘I,I…’ which is particularly noticeable when you have subtitles on.

Sharon boothroyd said...

I didn't understand why Toyah and Irman were arguing at the end. It was quite tedious and I couldn't get my head around it.
Why would Imran lose Toyah?
Why is he struggling with the case?
As he's Kelly's foster dad, I wouldn't have thought he'd be allowed to represent her anyway, as it's a conflict of interest.
The ins and out of Kelly, Laura and Ricky have seemed to drag on forever.
Why was Sally wearing a power suit to sew knickers?
It was nice to have a rest from the Tylina/ Fizz plot and I'm glad Michael finally fessed up to Grace.
As an aside, I'd love to see the new flat Carla and Peter are now living in.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad as Seb's 'brother',we're finally seeing Jack being part of the storyline as surely he and Seb bonded when Seb was temporarily living at Kevin's?
It must also be hard for Jack to see his idol Tommy O speak up on Cory's behalf and perhaps when Cory is convicted,his reputation will be shot.

Anonymous said...

Toyah and Imran were arguing because Toyah didn't like what she overheard Imran saying about wanting to delay the trial and bring on a detrimental effect on Abi's mental health.
Because Toyah doesn't like imran's win at all cost attitude.
Imran's struggling as Corey has a 5 member, money no object legal team, Imran is working on his own. All these facts have been mentioned in these episodes, well I heard those details anyway!

coconno196 said...

Appalling behaviour from Maria Monday and Wednesday. How can she just walk into the faktri? Is there no security? Plus she interrupted Sarah on a business call. Then she vandalised the van and demanded Gary get rid of his van, that he needs for his business. And expects everyone to give up their cars! All because of a spurious link to Liam's asthma.

CK said...

I'd like to see Carla and Peter's flat too, and Sarah and Adam's

Sharon boothroyd said...

Thanks for clearing that up anon. Sometimes I switch off mentally, as the same dialogue seems to go round and round.
It gets tedious and I feel these repeated scenes are only written to pack the air time out. (Around 20 mins per episode)
Lots of people tend to stroll into the factory. There's no security at all.
It's used more as a drop- in centre - anyone can wander in for a chat and a coffee!
Meanwhile, the real community centre is completely forgotten.
Yes, CK, I'd like to see Sarah and Adam's flat at this mysterious 'Redbank'. I guess it's somewhere near the red rec?

Louby said...

Didnt the community centre close when Yasmeen sold it to pay Geoff's debts? I seem to remember that George might have had his eye on it fir an undertaker's premises, but I could have imagined that! I also find my mind wandering quite a bit! I'm looking forward to next week though.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!