Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 15 August 2021

Fiz, Hope & Pop


Regular readers (hello, mum!) might have noticed that as your blog editor, I rarely blog opinion pieces any more. There are a lot of reasons for this, mainly as my time is now spent writing my novels.

However, I've been wanting to write about the Hope, Fiz and (Alina) Pop story for a while as, to me, it's the best thing about Corrie right now.  In fact, it's so flaming good, I hope it goes on for months, until Christmas, with more twists and turns to come. 

I don't know where the law stands on Hope's behaviour, but surely she's going to have to take the consequences for her actions?  This will leave Fiz with Ruby, who is Tyrone's biological daughter. Will he end up fighting Fiz for his child? Just when you think poor Fiz couldn't possibly go through the wringer any more than she already has, I reckon Jennie McAlpine who plays Fiz, can handle anything the writers chuck at her. With Maureen Lipman in her corner, as Evelyn, how can she not rise above it all and come out victorious?

Or, will the writers decide to change Evelyn's mind about which side of this fight she is on? Tyrone is her blood after all, and blood as they say, is thicker than water. 

Speaking of Tyrone, I tut and shake my head each time he comes on screen. I'm disappointed in him, this isn't the Tyrone we've grown to know and love. But then, just as Fiz has found out, people change slowly over the years until the person we thought we knew is no longer that. 

I think this storyline is incredible and kudos to all involved. I hope the Fiz, Hope and Pop storyline continues to crackle and snap.

Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook  







All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Fiz would have any right to fight for custody of Ruby as Ruby is not her daughter nor has Fiz adopted her as Leanne did with Simon.
Besides,in the past Fiz has been emotionally abusive to Ruby when she kept quiet about Hope's past bad behaviour and let Tyrone believe it was Ruby.
I think Ruby is safer without Fiz [and Hope in her life and needs only her gran and her father.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!