Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 10 August 2020

Why I'm glad to have Todd Grimshaw back


If you follow my blog posts, then you'll know how much I love to talk about Corrie characters. If you know me even more, you'll know how much I love Todd Grimshaw. 

Todd's recast has come as no surprise to me, and I'm glad that Coronation Street have made this decision. When he left back in 2017, it did upset me because this character has so many connections on the street and has so much history. He was also right in the middle of a cracking storyline. However, I knew and understood that his departure was necessary. 

Nonetheless, a thought always rested in the back of my mind that a recast was on the cards. How could it not be? Todd first arrived in 2001 as a shy teenager who was yet to find his way. Since then we've seen him change and develop as a character so much that he was so intriguing and captivating to watch. 

It would a shame to waste all those years of development. We've seen Todd do so much over the years, but he still has so much potential. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to him in 2017 and so I am nervous, but excited to see him back and see which path Corrie choose to follow with him. 

Just imagine all the possibilities! How will Eileen react to have her youngest son return home after years with no contact? How will Billy react to see his former partner for the first time in three years? Where will they go with Todd's personality; will he be nasty or nice? Whatever the outcome, it's going to be dramatic and gripping. 

How amazing is this promo shot?

The Corrie bosses seem to have done a marvelous job with casting Gareth Pierce. He definitely looks the part (apart from the outfit but we've only seen a handful of pictures and he has been on the run for three years). And let us not forget, Coronation Street recasts are generally a huge success; Tracy, Nick, Ryan, to name a few. 

Although it will take a little while to adjust to this new face, I welcome Gareth in the role of Todd with open arms and I look forward to seeing where he takes him. 

Sophie Williams

Read some more of my general natterings on Twitter soph_journo.




All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of all the possible love triangles for the 60th anniversary, I want one with Todd, Billy and Paul. But the Gareth Pierce will have to have good chemistry with Billy. I hope all goes well for Gareth.

popcorn said...

Good luck to the new actor - but I have always wanted Todd with the original head. Such a good actor!
(Is there such a thing as being rehabilitated?)

Karen said...

Is Todd the son who owned the builders yard? I am so confused.

Sophie Williams said...

Jason owned the builders yard!

Louby said...

This is great, for the reasons you've said, plus relationships with other characters like Sarah. Am I right in thinking that he knew the truth about Callum's death?

Buddy's Blog said...

I'm too logical to accept the same character with a new head. Imagine coming home one day and your Mother or Brother has a different head - and you're just supposed to accept that like there's nothing wrong here ??? It might be ok for new viewers - but it don't cut it with me.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!