Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 20 June 2011

The Price family - Yay or Nay?

This week, the focus is on the Price family. There has been a lot of focus on Michelle Collins aka Stella Price's bad Northern accent, but since I'm not from the North, I can't made a judgement on it, is it really bad?

Then there's the daughter, who hasn't made a big impression on me, unfortunately. She seems to self-centered and spoilt for my liking. Karl Munro, Stella's partner, hasn't had much screen time yet but I do like him. I see him as a cross between Eddie Windass and Steve McDonald, with maybe a hint of Les Battersby.

Overall, I think they are a great addition to Corrie. Its always a nice change to the Steve/Becky drama. So, yes I like them, I am voting Yay. What about you?

12 comments:

Llifon said...

Yeah, I'll give them a Yay. I think they'll be ok - they've already started to interact with the regulars. I think it's easier for them as they'll be central to the show. Nice to have someone new behind the bar and of an older type of woman, not 20 something. One has to remember the reason for the success of Corrie is due not to young women but middle aged and older women - Elsie, Ena, Annie, Rita, Bet, Ivy, Vera.

Tvor said...

It's a bit too early really to say one way or the other. I think they'll be ok but i'm not committing to it yet. I don't mind her accent, you can tell she's not entirely comfortable but she will gain more confidence with it.

Llywela said...

I think they have a lot of potential - I'm looking forward to finding out whether or not they live up to it!

Dilly Daydream said...

It's a Yay from me Seanie :-)

Looney Baloon said...

YAY - Yay or Nay is back.

But like Tvor I think its far too early to tell as they havent had that much screen time yet. I have to agree with another poster that they should have established Stella first, before bringing in her family and its all a bit too much. It would have been good if the Leanne's real mum had been kept a secret as well until the big reveal.

zz said...

Thanks for the responses, I'll try and post a Yay Or Nay every Monday from now on.

IamSimon said...

Yay!

Kate said...

The one I've warmed the most to so far is Karl. He seems like he could fit in really well. Very much on the fence re Stella and Eva so will have to wait to comment further on them!

Anonymous said...

Early indications are a Yay. They have only been on five minutes but seem a breath of fresh air so far.- Micky

Glenda Young said...

It's a Yay from me too. Thanks for doing these Yay or Nays!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Karl, nay for Eva. Undecided about Stella.

Niamh W said...

just back from holiday, still catching up but so far so good!!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!