Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 25 March 2011

Janice Battersby: In Retrospect

In tonight's episodes, Janice will be whisked away into the sunset by a tall handsome binman, making her exit after 14 years on the cobbles. She'll probably be remembered as a bitter woman, but I don't think that's entirely fair on her, she could be warm hearted, when she wanted to be.

One of my favourite storylines was when Janice shaved her head following her getting nits, of course, shaving her hair didn't solve the problem though! Another memorable scene for me came sooner after, when Janice was taunting Claire Peacock who was protesting in the Red Rec, Claire picked up a pile of mud and chucked it in Battersby's face, who retaliated and hit Ashley.

I'll miss Janice, she was a great Coronation Street character and Underworld wont be the same without her. ITV have a brilliant video here of her best bits.

11 comments:

Dilly Daydream said...

Personally, I'll be glad to see the back of her.

And I think the writers, who come up with the unlikeliest of storylines, should be sacked.

All I can say is, regarding Janice going off into the sunset with Trevor, AS IF!

mister_tmg said...

Great video. I'd forgotten all the brilliant stuff Vicky Entwistle had been given. Common as muck, but isn't that more realistic?

Frosty the Snowman said...

Well I never liked Battersgob much but she has made me smile a few times, expecially with her sparrin with "Websta". I dont know about it being daft the way Trevor came back for her, but more stupid is the way she was sacked. You cant just sack someone on the spot these days just for moaning in the pub. Janice would be straight to an employment tribunal and have got thousands or been reinstsated. Its not Mike Baldwin;'s era any longer its 2011 and I wish the writers would grasp that.

Anonymous said...

I liked Janice over the years as a character to watch in that she was a character, rather than a cypher for silly plots (yes, YOU Maria!)

Rebecca said...

I agree with Frosty above - they never take these things into account.

Anonymous said...

Well said, Frosty!

Chewy said...

I suppose it's just dramatic license lol, it'd be a bit jarring if Carla collared Battersby in the pub and went through the official process lol

Anonymous said...

I will miss Janice, yes she's common and gobby but she's a laugh, and I always liked her relationship with Leanne.

Tvor said...

Yeah it's a bit of a stretch, Trev coming over all lovey dovey for Janice but it's kind of a white knight story i guess. Janice has been a spare part for a very long time and it's nice to see her going off happy!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20EzuuYNMR8

for anyone outside the UK

maggie muggins said...

I've always liked Janice over the years. She's more like a real person than many of the young female characters who have come along. She knows who she is and doesn't have airs like Sally & Audreh, among others. The way some folk talk, we'd be left with noone but Emily and Rita in order to keep Corrie free of big gobs.

I wasn't under the impression that Trevor came back for her. He tried out his old job, didn't like it and the more time they spent together, they realized how alike they are. I mean, he never was a match for Carla.

I love the use that puddle has had this week. First, Becky ditching Liz's frocks, then the grand send-off!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!