Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Fans fear Rita may die in the Corrie tram crash

News that Barbara Knox will be giving a live interview on the Paul O'Grady show this coming Friday night has sent Coronation Street blog readers into a spin. I have to admit, I'm worried too.

Barbara Knox rarely gives interviews, never mind live interviews on TV.  And I'm (gulp) starting to wonder if she's doing it because she's leaving Coronation Street and getting killed off in the Corrie tram crash this Christmas.

I know that ITV always say 'no one is bigger than the Street itself' but if my favourite character Rita Sullivan leaves Corrie, the world might just stop spinning for a little while, in our living room at least.

11 comments:

Annie said...

Must admit... my eyes widened too.

Barbara Knox... TV interview??!

John McE said...

I feared the worst when I first read about the appearance, but thinking about it - would they really blow the biggest shock of the tram crash several weeks in advance, especially when they seem to have done an excellent job of keeping it under wraps.

Of course she could have agreed to appear knowing it was going to happen but not admit anything on the show, but I am hoping she will be thought to have perished but will turn up dazed and confused (short term memory loss?)

And also, we know Paul O'Grady loves the show and seems well-liked by most of the cast, so maybe she's just going on as a favour to him? Fingers crossed.

casey said...

It's been 20 years since her last interview on tv. I'm now beginning to think that's she doing it because it's the 50th year abd nowt else bar that.

Sea Penguin said...

I do hope you're right casey. The place wouldn't be the same without Rita.

Llifon said...

I'm sure Barbara has an iron contract like Bill Roache and Eileen Derbyshire?

Tvor said...

I'm sure she has an iron contract but she may want to retire i suppose.

John M said...

I've long feared she might be one who gets killed off. I hope I'm wrong though.

The Garden Pixie said...

I really wouldnt want the well loved stalwart character of Rita to end her days under the wheels of a tram. If Barabara wants to retire, fair enough but have her to go live with Mavis or sommat.

Martin Rosen said...

I cannot imagine, even if she knows, that Barbara would say anything as 'important' in the interview.

I agree with John McE above.

I wish it were someone other than Paul O'Grady interviewing though, I can't stand the guy !!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised if she goes as the scriptwriters don't seem to know what to do with her character anymore.

Tvor said...

Perhaps it's got to do with the MBE she received this week?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!