Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Corrie autobiographies - which is your favourite one?

Guest blog post from Chad Price who is on Twitter @Chadderbox2018
Would you like to write a guest blog post for us?
All details here
Hello everyone. My name is Chad and this is my first guest blog. I'm nervous and excited, please be kind! I'm also a huge Corrie fan, it is the best soap after all.
My idea for a blog is about the many Corrie stars who have released their autobiography.  
First up we have Jean Alexander, who of course played the hilarious Hilda Ogden. She was a character long before my time as a Corrie viewer but I've seen all the clips and she's a firm favourite of mine.

Next we have Julie Goodyear, who of course played the inimitable Bet Lynch! Truly the Queen of the Street for many years. Also the Queen of leopard print, sorry Liz! 
And lastly, for now, the next one is from Denise Welch, known these days as a Loose Woman but also played blonde bombshell Natalie Horrocks on the cobbles, who infamously had an affair with Kevin Webster and a cat fight with Sally! 
That's it for now but there are many more! If you would like more let me know over on twitter @Chadderbox2018 

Blog editor Glenda adds: My favourite of all the autobiographies I've read so far was Amanda Barrie's (she played Alma). It was a wonderful look behind the scenes not just at Corrie but at many TV shows and famous films over the years and it ended with me in tears on the final page as Amanda described walking the cobbles for one final time side by side with Tony Warren.
Would you like to write a guest blog post for us?
__
Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook




All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chad! I've read Julie Goodyear's, Bill Tarmey's, and the fellow who played Percy Sugden's bio's. I would love to read Jean Alexanders.

Anonymous said...

Well done Chad on your first blog, I have not read it but I hear that Pat Phoenix autobiography is worth a read too !

Anonymous said...

Lynne Perrie's - the one they tried to ban!

Anonymous said...

Bill Podmore's - the best producer the show ever had.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for Fat Brenda's tell-it-all autobiography :)

Anonymous said...

I would also like to read Kevin Kennedy's bio. I've seen him interviewed and he seems like a lovely bloke. He is a recovered alcoholic and has toured doing a number of broadway shows. Personally I'd love to see him return to the cobbles!

nandl said...

I'm with Glenda - Amanda Barrie's book is excellent reading!

Mrs Lynch said...

Lynne Perrie!! Couldn't put it down. Made me laugh and cry.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!