Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 16 April 2020

Coronation Street Episode Review; Weds 15th April 7.30 pm


I'm not sure it’s entirely probable that Tracy would let Amy host a teen party at number one, (especially when they've only just moved in) but for plot purposes, we can let it slide I think?
Amy’s insistence of ‘just pizza’ with a few friends is a surefire sign that trouble can't be far off! Newbie Kelly invites Aadi, who brings stolen vodka, and the whole of Weatherfield’s teenage fraternity, via a WhatsApp party group.

Meanwhile, Steve, letting Leanne get to him, decides to seek legal advice from Imran, and due to the obvious conflicting interests (like that has ever mattered on the street), he gives Steve a business card for an associate. I have one question though. What's happened to Paula, have I missed something?


Nick and Steve, after burying the hatchet, pull the warring sides together for a meal at Speed Daal. However, Leanne sees the business card Imran gave him and calls Steve out on it.
Unsure if I'm bothered about watching this troupe argue amongst themselves again if I'm honest?
I love Tracy but I think Leanne tends to have a short memory when it comes to motherhood and moral values? Talking of which, Bernie’s kebab career begins, and to be honest, I'm not sure that Dev's employment practices are legitimate here? Could Bernie cover for Chesney but not get paid by Dev? Is this a future tax-dodging scam for Dev or am I thinking too much into things?


At The Rovers, Jenny’s busy sorting the B&B for a new guest and we are treated to a backroom scene and the return of Johnny! Where has he been hiding? With new guest Scott making his entry, man-eaters Liz and Sean are soon sniffing around, yet Johnny looks unsettled once he sets eyes on the guy. I wonder who he is?

Whilst the youngster's party, Ken sets out his stall for the Stillwater election campaign by fencing with Claudia. I love these scenes, and I'm sure that Charles is a wrong-un too! in fact, was there something in the water tonight on Corrie? I'm surprised Rita wasn't at Amy's party downing that vodka with Aadi - she was hammered!

Back at number one, Kelly (daughter of Rick, remember) is causing all kinds of trouble. Spying Corey's 'flashing' footage on his mobile, she argues with Asha and Amy, then decides to ‘share’ the video content with the party WhatsApp group. I  did shudder when Corey got his wicked way with Asha at the end of Monday night’s episode and now the fall out will undoubtedly begin. How far will this go? If Dev needs legal advice he could always ring Paula?

If I've missed the fact that Paula has left the street -let me know! I am @rybazoxo your {self-styled} ‘cobbles connoisseur’




All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Louby said...

I really hope that Liz is going to have one more romance, with this guy, before she leaves. Exit storyline even? A happy ending would be great.

Anonymous said...

Liz looked awful, what the hell was she wearing?!

Sharon boothroyd said...

Liz did indeed look awful. Is that the kind of thing a sixty- something would wear? Those boots were absurd.
Paula must have left, but it'd be nice to let us know with a casual line or two.
I'm rapidly getting fed up of Still waters.
For me, this spin- off idea hasn't worked it at all. It's constant moans and gripes with snobby Claudia cooing proudly, declaring that she and Ken have 'arrived.'
I wouldn't give my fish & chip shop wrapper to someone that snooty and superior, let alone to go on to upsticks and sell my home!

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I am a sixty's something person and am completely bored by the Stillwaters storyline. Seriously fencing?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!