Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Beverley Callard on leaving Liz McDonald and Corrie

There's a good, long, honest interview with Beverley Callard, Corrie's Liz McDonald, in The Mirror today.  Beverley talks about leaving Liz McDonald behind when she bows out from the soap this year and says she's looking forward to spending more time with husband John, reveals more about her depression, and talks about working with Charlie Lawson, as Jim McDonald.

She says: “I can’t give too much away, but Jim basically turns up when Liz needs him most – he’s her knight in shining armour and they have the most amazing chemistry! I’ve loved working with Charlie again. We’re like the Liz Taylor and Richard Burton of the Street!

So, will this be the end of Liz McDonald on Coronation Street? Beverley tells the paper: “I’ll never say never to playing Liz again, I think it’s going to be a shock that she leaves the Rovers because it’s in her blood. And I can’t rule out ever playing Liz again as she’s in mine. She’s a fantastic character for any actress to play but I’m ready for some much-needed time off. I’ll always be loyal to the show because I love it though.”

See also: Liz McDonald's final scenes revealed
See also: The mystery of Liz McDonald's back necklace

5 comments:

Beth said...

It added some much needed oomph to the Rovers to have Liz back last night. When she confronted Stevey Babe and Becky Babe on what "the flamin 'ell is goin on?" it was like "phew, at last, somebody who will kick that Becky up the flamin pants!" I didn't realise how much I missed Beverley Callard until last night, and she will be leaving for "good" soon - aww shame!.

(although I did find it strange that news of Tracy's release at least hadn't filtered somehow to Spain considering her friendship with Deidre)

Dilly Daydream said...

I would rather Liz hadn't come back - she's one of my favourite characters and I'd just got used to not seeing her.

Now I've got to go through it all again :-(

Karen Lee (Canada) said...

At least she hasn't said she is finsihed with Corrie, so there is some hope she may return in the future. Maybe if she does come back, they will find a 'technicality' in how Jim was charged and he will be freed just like Tracy.....Jim inherits some money from a long-lost relative, they buy the Rovers....Tracy is sent back to prison.....and Jim, Liz, Steve, Becky, Amy and little Max all live happily ever after....so it should be.

Frosty the Snowman said...

I disagree about the "oomph pa pa". Liz looked totally ridiculous yesterday dressed as a matador or torreador of whatever. Yeah we know she was supposed to be in Spain this past year. She didnt seem to have a place any more and how ridiculous that she didnt know anything about Tracy;s return, dont they have phones or email in Spain?

Sea Penguin said...

Very very sorry to see Liz go. One of my favourite characters. Hope she gets a decent exit.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!