Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 5 December 2022

Precinct Chat - Dan Brocklebank



First of all, what do you think of the new precinct?

Love it. You know when you go into a really run-down area, it’s like, “Oh.” The attention to detail from the team is just brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

My first thought was how they’ve made a brand-new set look really weathered?

Yeah. Well, you’ve got to, haven’t you, I suppose? It wouldn’t look right if it was all gleaming, especially to match it to the rest of Weatherfield.

Can you imagine Billy down here?

Yeah, course. I mean, Christ knows what he’d be doing!

What would his favourite shop be?

I think probably the charity shop would be my best bet – goodwill. As far as I’m aware, he’s got no jewellery, so I don’t know whether he’d be at Bargainanza. I think, Sweety Nuff…

Has Billy got a bit of a sweet tooth?

He doesn’t, really. I think he’d be in the bakers more than the sweet shop. I’m more of a savoury guy, anyway.

It’s your eight-year anniversary soon! What would you say your favourite storyline has been?

Oh, God. There’s been so many. 

He’s been on a bit of a roller-coaster, hasn’t he?

It’s insane, isn’t it? I think probably getting Summer, I think, really sort of grounding him because that’s given so much more scope to the character and development of their family.

It was a real soap first, wasn’t it, because I think they were soap’s first same-sex co-parenting?

Yeah, we were. It was an honour. We’ve got some really exciting stuff coming up as well, which obviously I cannot tell you about. Yeah, I think the next couple of years are going to be quite full-on for Billy.

What would you like to see Billy do?

Oh, what would I like to see Billy do? That’s a really good question. It’s bizarre because we’re not in control of the fate of these people – we just play them. I think getting married - find a nice boy, settle down.

He’d make a lovely husband, wouldn’t he?

Yeah, he would. He’d make a lovely husband. Find a nice man and settle down.

 

Sophie Williams 

Find me on Twitter @sophie_writer1





All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!