Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 8 December 2022

Mapping the cobbles, again

There are people in this world that can draw beautiful maps. I, however, am not one of them. But I do have some skills. One of them, if you can call it a skill, is what I can only describe as an almost neurotic attention to detail when it comes to certain things.

To the bewilderment of those around me, one of those things seems to be attempting to map Coronation Street. So, following my initial go at it last year, I thought I'd do it again, and it turns out that quite a bit has happened in the last 374 days:
  • People moved house in the name of love. Fiz and Tyrone are cohabiting again. Brian has a bachelor pad.
  • Alina Pop's pop-up not-so-popular Pop Dead Gorgeous nail salon was reinstated as Audrey's.
  • The warehouse wing of Victoria Court became M10 Living and I appreciate the postcode reference.
  • Stuff happened on Kitchener Street. Remember Jeremy Bremner? Me neither. But he had a lock-up there, which I've labelled 'Storage unit'. A nightclub called Spirit of the Night also briefly existed here before becoming Six Fellas takeaway, run by the ever-sympathetic Mr. Messineo. (By the way, I'm reliably informed that no-one actually refers to this part of the set as Kitchener Street, but it's labelled that on a 2017 planning document so let's just roll with it for the time being.)
  • Oldroyd Street appeared. Only bad things happen here.
  • An exterior form of Weatherfield Crown Court appeared. Goodbye Bolton?
  • And last but not least, Weatherfield Precinct has arrived and I love it. It's probably off Tile Street, but might not be.
There are a few other more subtle changes that I won't bother listing, but feel free to play spot the difference. Also do let me know if I've got anything wrong as I must admit that I occasionally miss episodes 😨








All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Six Fellas is in Bolton not Weatherfield.

C in Canada said...

I love this, as I have always found maps interesting.
Well done!

Ben said...

@Anonymous - it is, but where labelled is its actual location on the lot :)

And thank you @C in Canada, appreciate that!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!