Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 31 July 2020

Coronation Street returning to 6 episodes per week


Coronation Street is returning to six episodes per week in September. ITV have confirmed in a statement below.


I don't know about you but I've been really, really enjoying Coronation Street a heck of a lot more with only three episodes each week. It frees up my evenings, after 8pm I can watch something else, I'm not waiting around for Corrie to start again. It also means that the cliffhangers are proper ones, we have to wait sometimes from Friday to Monday to find out what's going to happen, instead of thirty minutes in the same night. 

Are you looking forward to more Corrie and going back to six episodes or would you be happy to stay at three? (not that we've got any choice, of course!).

Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook




All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

11 comments:

Louby said...

I'd be happy to stay at 3, or maybe have a fourth one on Sundays like they used to do for a while. I'm sure I'll watch six a week again, but it would be way better if it was a solid hour and not the 7.30/8.30 thing.

Anonymous said...

I always thought that when they moved to six episodes a week, the overall quality of the show went down because of the added pressure on writing etc. I would prefer 3/4 episodes a week. Give us quality over quantity.

Philip said...

Hasn't Manchester gone back into lockdown? What could happen to Coronation Street ? Could they halt production again?

Anonymous said...

Seems a bit hasty to announce they're going back to six episodes when there's so much uncertainty going on right now. Manchester's just gone back into lockdown, and who knows, very soon the whole country could be back under lockdown...
Play it safe and stick with three episodes a week.

Humpty Dumpty said...

At least, the advertisers will be happy. Many programmes on ITV seem to have endless ads in the commercial breaks at the moment. If Corrie does go back to six episodes, which I'm not looking forward to, hopefully they'll shorten the breaks.

Sue said...

I seem to be the only person that likes 6 episodes a week. I always record them so I can watch 2 episodes together and fast forward through the ads.

Anonymous said...

My problem with six episodes a week is like someone else said, the quality factor. The writing, the storylines and general execution of the show seemed stronger when they had fewer episodes to work with. Eastenders have 4 per week and it is going from strength to strength because the writers are afforded time to put thought and planning into the show.

Coughy said...

I wonder if they're jumping to six too early. Get a big buffer of shows in the can for when another lockdown happens.

Anonymous said...

The quality factor! lmao
Anyway, I too prefer the 6 episodes a week. If you have trouble with scheduling record them and watch at your leisure.
Also, 6 episodes, more actors participating and many behind the scenes we do not see.....advertising ..... and happy viewers who do appreciate more to watch. People have to earn a living and people need to be entertained...win win....bring on the 6 episodes! :-)

dhvinyl said...

I’m sure the key reason for going back to six is for the advertising revenue. I’ve loved the reduction to three, but as we never watch it live, I guess, as a loyal fan, I’ll quickly readjust !!

Sharon boothroyd said...

Yay! I'm pleased it'll be back to 6 a week.
This new 'lockdown' basically means you can't go to people's homes.
We live in in a new lockdown borough and the shops, pubs and cafes are all open with social distancing rules, hand sanitisers, face mask wearing etc.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!