Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 9 September 2009

Mary to return to the cobbles

Here's some good news! At least, I think so! Mary Taylor is due to return to the cobbles in the new year, according to ITV. I know, I know, some of you are cringing at the thought of yet another Norris-story and partly, I am too but look at it this way...anything that gets up Norris' nose is always worth watching. He's so uppity and know-it-all most of the time that anyone that can bring him down a peg or two has my vote. And, dare I say it, maybe he'll actually realize what he's lost and romance will bloom? I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not! In any case, I thought Mary was a great character, and I'll be glad to see her back!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree - Mary was funny.

The scenes where she has Norris round for dinner in the camper van (the night before they were due to set off on their round the world trip) were amongst the most hilarious in the street's history!

Glenda Young said...

Can't wait, loved Mary and am really happy to hear she's coming back.

Walzing Matilda said...

I liked Mary but I dont want MORE of Norris!

Anonymous said...

Maybe she will ask Norris to marry her and they will move away from the street for good!

Anonymous said...

She's coming back? Great! She's a sweet, charming girl - full of fun and life! But no more romance for Norris -- he's had his chance! Besides, he's acquired a new 'love' interest -- 100% control over his candy store!

Anonymous said...

I'm in two minds about this: the final scenes with Mary the mad temptress were such class that I recorded them for my wife, who is a Corrie hater and whose English is pretty poor in any case, and she absolutely cracked up laughing. Having said that, the build up was excessively long and boring. So, writers, bring Mary back, but give her some good comic material.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!