Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 14 September 2009

Curly Watts returning to Corrie?

He's the character that fans want to see back on the Street more than any other, but is Curly Watts really returning to Coronation Street? The Daily Star quotes Kevin Kennedy himself saying that Curly's return "has been discussed at the highest levels and we’re all in agreement. Curly still has a tale to tell but he’s got to have a good reason."

This is great news if it comes true.

However, there's now an update to this story at the Manchester Evening News.

See also: Kevin Kennedy returns to soap.

4 comments:

Tvor said...

A good reason indeed. If Vera's death wasn't enough to bring him back, i can't see what would

Glenda Young said...

I agree tvor. Much as I'd love him to return, I can't see how he'd fit back in right now. Also, on This Morning today, the soap woman said that she'd called the Corrie people and they denied they'd been in talks with Kevin Kennedy.

Walzing Matilda said...

Sorry I disagree, I dont like characters brought back like in Eastenders, it never seems to work like in the case of Bet Lynch. We move on.

Anonymous said...

I agree.

The show has moved on and there's no way back for the Curly character.

I liked him in the early days but by the time he was written out, I thought he had outstayed his welcome and that it was time for his character to go.

I would not want to see him back in Weatherfield.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!