Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 25 February 2024

Sarah's bad romances: Callum Logan



As Sarah’s fiery fling with Damon looks set to come crashing down around her, actress Tina O’Brien takes a look back over Sarah’s disastrous dating history to see where it all went wrong and where Sarah developed her taste for bad boys and a bad romance!

CALLUM LOGAN

After a failed reconciliation with Jason, Sarah got divorced in 2010 and became involved with local drug dealer Callum Logan who fathered her third child, Harry. Having ignored the warnings from her family, Sarah finally finished with Callum when she found out that he'd used Bethany as a drug mule. He violently assaulted Sarah but was killed by David's wife Kylie who walked in during the attack. Rather than going to the police they then hid the body in a drain under the Platts garage conversion. In the months that followed, Sarah was treated for postpartum psychosis when she became convinced that Callum was still alive and barricaded herself and Harry inside the house.

“This was probably her worst ever choice in men! She did say I know what you’re doing, I know exactly why you’re after me, you want to stick it to David and you think if you flirt around me that will wind him up, which it did. Obviously he was Kylie’s ex but Sarah had been in Milan, she didn’t think she was sticking around for long. She thought she was going back so she just thought sod it I’ll have a bit of fun, have a fling and I’ll be gone in a week, what does it matter. She knew that he was a bad boy, she trusted her brother enough to realise Callum was an idiot but at the same time she couldn’t help being tempted by him. 

"I think maybe also the fact she was riling David had its appeal, a case of don’t tell me who I can and can’t mess around with. I don’t think she ever planned it to become anything serious but obviously it did and Callum ended up dead in the live episode. I still remember very clearly having a meeting with the producer Stuart Blackburn who sat us down to tell us the plan and that it was going to be live. I was like wow. I was weirdly excited but not nervous, if someone told me that now I’d be terrified but maybe that’s because I now know how terrifying a live episode is. It was an amazing end for Callum after how evil the character had been. It was also really interesting to play the fallout from that. How Sarah did not cope very well mentally, how David became very nasty, how Kylie became very caring towards Sarah. It changed the dynamic in all their relationships.”

Glenda Young
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 


No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!