Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 28 May 2009

Rare Malcolm Hebden interview

Here's something you don't see every day, an interview with Malcom Hebden who plays Corrie's nosy Norris. He talks about his new storyline with Andrew Sachs, revealing how he was somewhat instrumental in bringing this story to the Street. He also warns us that the real truth to the contention between the half brothers hasn't come out yet. (But I'm not sure when the interview was done. We now know Norris holds Ramsay responsible for their mother's death. I'm not sure if that's the secret or if there's more!)

Did you know that Malcom is severely dyslexic? I didn't, and I also didn't know that Mr. Hebden worked as a shop assistant before he became an actor. He started off in amateur dramatics and took the leap into drama school and the rest is history. Devoted Coronation Street fans know that Norris Cole is not Malcom Hebden's first role on the show. He played a Spaniard, Carlos, who tried to woo Mavis into a marriage of convenience.

10 comments:

Glenda Young said...

I can never decide if I like Norris or not. One minute he's funny and charming and a bit sad and the next he's really nasty.

Dilly Daydream said...

Hi everyone. I've jumped over from corrieblog since that now seems defunct.

I can't stand Norris or the actor who plays him - that stuttering is so annoying!

Tvor said...

Hi Dilly!!! Good to see you!
I never could stand Norris. Early on it was a physical repulsion lol he just gave me the creeps. He's not so bad now he's older, but i don't like the jumped up little tosser, not really ;))

JohnB said...

Hi Dilly, Ive just come over too!

I must stand alone then because I absolutely LOVE Norris. Every word he utters has me in fits of giggles. Also put him with Blanche.. oh my lol I have had to pause it before now until I can stop laughing!

Glenda Young said...

Isn't it time Norris came out of the closet?

Tvor said...

I do admit, Norris can come out with some good lines and i certainly do not fault the actor. He's very very good at his job and most people i know think Norris is funny. Then again, i never liked Derek Wilton either but again, the actor was fabulous!

Dilly Daydream said...

Norris just makes such a song and dance about everything, I really don't know how Rita tolerates him. I must say I'm glad Mary's gone - she was even worse than Norris, I was actually getting to feel quite sorry for him being lumbered with her :-)

JohnB said...

FN.. that would be a good storyline lol

Tvor said...

I liked Mary, she was quirky, like Graeme and even Aunty Pam a bit.

Deborah said...

I like when Norris has scenes with Blanche, they can be funny. Other times I find the character very annoying.

When I met Malcolm Hebden I found him to be just like Norris!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!